+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Helpful Addon

Helpful Addon

Not to sure how many of us listen to the toons behind the tanks but i listened long enough to catch the name of healbot an addon mainly used by healers and some caster classes for buffs but i decided to try it for a lowby toon i had and accidently left it on for my main My tank now i can cast intervene on anyone in my raid group with one click so i am a healbot warrior.....lol!

check it out it works pretty good to monitor the party health and also who has aggro aside from main tank or off tank!!!

I'm trying to cut down on what I watch myself. I do recommend an intervene macro if you don't have one though. One that will either intervene a friendly target that you select or one that will intervene the target of a hostile target that you select.

I use that same macro and highly recommend it. 99% of the time its a dps member of the raid that has pulled threat from the current target, and one key press gets them saved.

-Heartwood
    http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Vek039nilash/130018.jpg
    At the brink of danger I stand. Clad in armour, shield and sword in hand.

was mentioning the addon because it is small uses little resource and has become a very efficient way to use intervene and watch for aggro, i am however really bad at writing macros, so any help there would be appreciated i need sumthin to raise my tps

/cast [help]intervene; [target=targettarget, help]intervene;

is an intervene macro, you could
    /cast [nostance:2]Defensive stance;[help]intervene; [target=targettarget, help]intervene;

if you wanted to add a stance dance part to it, but that's rarely needed.

Thumbs up

Wow, never thought about using healbot for that scenario! Good call! I'll definitely check this out. I'm wondering if this will also work for other classes, like Distracting Shot for a hunter (to save a clothy)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    /cast [help]intervene; [target=targettarget, help]intervene;

is an intervene macro
    I'm pretty sure this macro is completely unnecessary. As Intervene works for me, unmacro'd:

If I'm targeting a friendly target, I intervene him.
    If I'm targeting an unfriendly target, I intervene his target, but keep the boss targeted.

It's been like this since I hit 70, I never put in a macro, and as far as I know it's not because of any of my add-ons.

Can anybody else confirm this behavior?

+ Reply to Thread