+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cloaks

Cloaks

Hello, I'm a DW fury warrior and I was looking about to see what cloak I should get. Now I've seen quite some posts about several cloaks, but which is the one I should get? I'm using maxdps.com as a rough guideline, and according to it I should get Vengeance Wrap.

I just ordered some shadowcloth from a shadowtailor, but now I'm doubting. I always thought that Vengeance Wrap was the best melee dps cloak (escept for that BT cloak). But there's still cloak of darkness and the new one, Dory's Embrace, around.

can someone help me out here? I'd rather not let the mats go to waste if I can get something better. (current cloak is Royal Cloak of Arathi Kings btw).

I also don't care about what is easier to get, a good item doesn't have a price

Dory's hands down, Armor Pen, after reaching a decent amount of hit/ap/crit will yield your highest increases. Not to mention dory's still gives you good ap, and crit. so... its win win win.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Thanks for the quick replies... I've got 1700 ap, 30% crit and 166 hit by the way, without any kara gear other than my current cloak.

yeh you'll want to start stacking str gems everywhere, go for good str upgrades, your hit and crit are already at good levels, balance gear to keep it around that hit/crit (you could technically sacrifice some hit but i like 150ish) and then all dump it into AP and ArP

I was kind of aiming for 32-34% crit. I'm using alot of str-crit gems for spots to get them both up.

tbh, I'm nervous about getting armor pen gear, there's alot of badge gear I can get, but is getting armor pen worth losing the crit?

f.e.: I've got a green belt now, I could get Red Belt of Battle or Chain of Unleashed Rage. which one should I pick? Really don't know :x

Red Belt, its the best DPS belt in the game I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Red Belt, its the best DPS belt in the game I believe.
    It is.

Armor pen is the future of melee dps, but you need to eb able to stack it without losing ap/crit/hit, I tend to want more like 175-200 hit no more, 30% crit and 1800+ap. Keep yourself around there and armor penetration is the best increase you can get.

if dory's embrace is the only piece of gear you have/can get soon with armor pen, it's def not better for dps than vengeance wrap.

Dory's Embrace
    Binds when picked up
    Back
    114 Armor
    +34 Stamina
    Requires Level 70
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 20 (0.9%).
    Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 20 (0.5%).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 46.
    Equip: Your attacks ignore 112 of your opponent's armor.

Vengeance Wrap
    Binds when equipped
    Back
    89 Armor
    Red Socket
    Socket Bonus: +2 Hit Rating
    Requires Level 70
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 23 (1.0%).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 52.

to me dory's loses the race here. I ground out the honor for a 20 ap gem so therefore 26 ap> 112 Ar P. then you throw in the 2 hit as well as the extra 3 crit rating and vengeance wrap wins out not by a huge margin granted but esp for your current level of gear where hit and crit are hard to come by especially in conjunction with AP.

+ Reply to Thread