Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Help on next boss in SSC

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    39

    Help on next boss in SSC

    My guild threw me a curve. They came through and killed Hydross on the 2nd night of attempts. So I havn't gotten a warlock outfitted for Leo, oops. So is my olny option to go to Tidewalker next?

    If so can you check my current gear and tell me if I can handle him? I have an alternate set the increases my avoidance and block rating by quite a bit to keep up SB longer. Up to about 46% Dodge/Parry and 35% Block, but drops to 15.9k health unbuffed.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    76
    I presume Lurker is dead? You could try FLK, it's like the HKM fight.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by adamb10 View Post
    I presume Lurker is dead? You could try FLK, it's like the HKM fight.
    Karathress is after Morogrim (or Leo I assume if you go the other way around - will know on the weekend when we make our first attempt on Leo).

    Therefore you should go Hydross -> Lurker -> Morogrim -> Karathress.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11
    It is actually really easy to skip Tidewalker to get to FLK, annoying perhaps if you dont kill him as Tidewalker trash is the most annoying if you ask me, but quite doable as you can walk all the way through Tidewalkers room without actually agroing him

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    47
    Dress up a warrior or feral druid in FR gear, only takes a hundred badges + some mats. And go Leo >

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Jylina View Post
    It is actually really easy to skip Tidewalker to get to FLK, annoying perhaps if you dont kill him as Tidewalker trash is the most annoying if you ask me, but quite doable as you can walk all the way through Tidewalkers room without actually agroing him
    True - forgot about that but watch out for the patrol in the northern tunnel.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    129
    A warrior or druid can definitely tank Leo's demon phase. My healers actually say I'm easier to heal than our lock tank, but I think that's because they never liked healing his pet.

    You'll want to give this person a misdirect and have him bring some rage / haste pots....rage and threat can be spotty if you get a resist string.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Notlob its a palindrome
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulantor View Post
    My guild threw me a curve. They came through and killed Hydross on the 2nd night of attempts. So I havn't gotten a warlock outfitted for Leo, oops. So is my olny option to go to Tidewalker next?

    If so can you check my current gear and tell me if I can handle him? I have an alternate set the increases my avoidance and block rating by quite a bit to keep up SB longer. Up to about 46% Dodge/Parry and 35% Block, but drops to 15.9k health unbuffed.
    Get your feral druid to handle tidewalker its generally the safer option.

    1. Earthquake means you lose a shield block charge randomly
    2. He attacks fast 2 second ish~ and a string of parries on your attacks is not funny
    3. He can grave the main tank healers

    Why use a druid? (well unless you have a paladin with 19k health and can figure out someway to handle murlocs without one )

    -Usually higher health pool
    -Usually higher mitigation

    Thus a druid is easier to keep up when morogrim parries (10-15% of all melee will be parried) and cant block so earthquake taking a shield block charge is irrelavent. Druid should have 20k health buffed though tbh.

    Morogrims crushings are killer.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    39
    We'll try morgrim both ways, our druid is about 20 maybe 21 k health buffed, I'm 22K buffed. We'll find out which works better. I guess I get to "DPS" as prot.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    129
    help escort the murlocs into the conc and be ready with an AoE taunt if your prot pally gets graved at the wrong time. It's not flashy, but it saves wipes.

    Also, intervenes on the MT have saved us one or two wipes :-)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts