+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mallet of the Tides vs The Unbreakable Will

Mallet of the Tides vs The Unbreakable Will

OK, so I've joined a new guild a couple weeks ago - from one that was stuck on Vashj and Kael, to one that is clearing Hyjal/BT in about 10 hours of raiding.

My first foray into Hyjal got me The Unbreakable Will. Up until this point, I've been using the Mallet of The Tides.

Now, which one would be better to use for a higher end encounter, like, say Archimonde? The Unbreakable will has the extra armor, -1 stamina, and more defense. Does that negate the -1% parry that could contribute the instagib?

Threat-wise, I think the expertise negates the 3.2DPS difference - though I haven't factored in weapon speed. In an unlimited-rage fight like Gorefiend, would the weapon speed increase negate the dodge/parry?

I guess I'm trying to wrap my head around some of these theories that I've been reading about. I've only been playing this game for a little over a year now (I was in the 30s-40s when BC came out), but now that I seem to grasp most of the fights pretty well - and I have all this gear - I'm trying to see what best to use in what encounter.

If you are human, the Mallet would be your #1 threat weapon (any other race its the Brutalizer) and the Unbreakable Will is your #1 Mitigation weaoin. Archimonde / Mother type fights use UB, Gorefiend / Council type fights use Mallet.

for now, either one will really suit you fine, but i'd lean towards stickin with mallet until you got the brutalizer. the unbreakable will is a huge upgrade from KD (which I was using well into bt/hyjal) or Sun Eater, but not from mallet. save your mongoose mats for brut. parry thrash is the only mechanic that really endangers end-game tanks given competent healers, so anything to avoid that is a plus.

Hard choice, MotTides is a very good TPS weapon , and UW give u more avoidance ( or mitigation) .

If u want to give u more TPS with UW , enchant with executioneer

(Not recommanded with Mallet)
    Don't try this @ home

if MotTides is a very good TPS weapon, wouldnt executioner be better than mongoose on it?

and if UW is more avoidance, wouldnt it be better with mongoose on it?

am i missing something here?

you are correct dominated, cairn got it mixed up is all.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread