+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glove Reinforcement vs...

Glove Reinforcement vs...

Search turned up a whopping nothing, which seems odd to me. Anyway, I just got [item]Bonefist Gauntlets[/item] and I'm wondering whether to put [item]Glove Reinforcements[/item] on them or standard [item]Heavy Knothide Armor Kit[/item]. Is there a general opinion as to which is better? Obviously sta helps with casters as well, whereas armor only mitigates melee dmg...

Thanks!

240Armor>10Sta for EH.

"We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

I like 2% threat to gloves myself.

its all situational.

Got a firm grasp on your hp for your content? go armor, it'll equate to more EH.

Low on the stamina? go 10 stam, and swap it out later, it'll go far anyways

Having issues with threat? 2% is a scaling enchant, you go up, it goes up with you. Not a bad enchant at all.

Truly its about looking at all your pieces together, its not about "bonefist = reinforcements?" its about gear + new gloves = which enchant.

oh and moved to gear/suggestions.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Once I get the badges for these (my last tanking item) I will be putting 2% threat on them and wearing em in a threat set, then re-enchanting my [item]Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden[/item] with agi for an avoidance set. I don't really have a high EH set, since I don't seem to need it for the content my guild is currently doing.

For a general boss set I would say 10 stam. For a specialized EH set based mainly around incoming melee, armor. Threat set and avoidance set enchants are obvious as well.

I put 2% threat on every pair of gloves, in the end tat 2% allows me more room to maneuver elsewhere.

Bonefist Gaunts are a better avoid item than Maiden Gaunts. You get over 1% parry with the badge gloves, and about 0.5% avoidance with Maiden (you'll get 6-7 defense, which is 0.24-0.28% dodge and parry).

Once you have Bonefist Gaunts, your Maiden gaunts would only really be worthwhile for a SBV set

It's better than stamina in terms of effective health, but you're a silly goose if you don't take 2% threat.

Meh, 2% threat is like training wheels on your bicycle, you think you need it until you take them off.

It really just depends on what you are tanking and how you want to specialize or not specialize a piece of gear imo. Take a look at your stats and decided what you need most atm.

The threat enchant all depends on who you're running with and how well you're keeping aggro. When I tank a boss (since I'd use Maiden for trash) I have aggro no problem and no one comes close. Therefore, 2% threat isn't all that big a deal for me. Now, if I was having trouble keeping it, or if I was holding my DPSers down, then threat might be more important.
    Ardalan - Tank
    Guild: Momentum
    Server: Scarlet Crusade

+ Reply to Thread