+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear advice

Gear advice

Hey guys its my first post here but i've been a lurker for ages. I absolutely love this helpful forum and the friendly environment.

To start off, I would like some advice on which pieces to equip when tanking kara(specifically NB and Prince)/gruul/za(Nalorak:bear form specifically). Here is my current gear list as my armory shows my dps gear. I have multiple pieces for each slot so please comment on which piece i should use.

Head : Felsteel Helm ( 3 x 9stam gems, KoT enchant )
    Neck : Barbed Choker of Discpline /// Brooch of Deftness
    Shoulder : Merciless ( 3 x 9stam, aldor enchant) /// Spaulders of dementia ( no enchants )
    Back : Guilded Thorium Cloak ( no enchant )
    Chest : Gladiator ( 9stam's , +6 stats ) /// Vindicator's Hauberk (no enchants)
    Wrist : Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx ( +12stam )
    Hands : Iron Gauntlets of Maiden ( heroic gems, +8 stam kit )
    Waist : Girdle of the Indomitable(moroes, heroic gems, +12 stam gem) /// Lion Heart's Girdle
    Legs : Wrnn Dynasty Greaves ( 3 x 12stam, +30 stam kit )
    Boots : Battlescar Boots ( stam gems )
    Ring1 : Voilet of the master assasin ( i use it for hit rating )
    Ring2 : Band of the sentry ( from arca heroic )
    Trinkets : Moroes's lucky pocket watch /// Netherwing(45 stam) /// Dabri's Enigma(+30 def rating)
    Ranged : Felsteel Wisper Knifes
    Shield : Azure Shield of Coldarra(18 stam) /// Crest of Sha'tar (12 stam gems, 18 stam )
    Weapon : King's Defender (mongoose) /// Sun Eater (no enchant)

Inaddition, I have 45 badges at the moment, im not sure wether I should go for the Head/cloak/legs/waist or wait for 2.4 and just get chest as the chest would give me an effective 8k TP boost over my gladiator one. The waist will also give me very nice avoidance ( 40 dodge rating? )

Would be appreciated if someone were to direct me in the right path of gearing. Currently I am guildless and I just run pugs because my playtime is limited to the weekends because of my hectic work schedule so badge income may not be the greatest.

Since my post is unclear, I'll restate it.

1. I'm wondering if I should get the "Iron-tusk girlde" over Moroes's belt or Unwavering over Wrynn Dynasty. I cant link my armory, but go ahead and search for "Goat" on Emeriss EU. The belt will give me more dodge while the legs will give me more SBV/R. For this who are lazy to search my armory, I have 16% dodge, 16% parry and 19% block. I am interested in making the healers job easier in tanking Kara, ZA and HKM. (my low dodge and parry are due to me using the Merciless shoulders and Gladiator Chest.

2. What minor upgrades do you recommend me to do?

a. I see boomstick slightly better than the Gyro gun due to the def rating while just sacrifcing 18 stam ( in low tier content ), I am currently using a bow with +15 stam.

b. I recently picked up Jungle Stompers, is the stats on it worth losing the dodge on Battlescar ?

c. Any fight in which I should equip Barbed Chocker of Displine instead of Brooch of Deftness?

d. Is it worth blowing 35 badges on the Cloack from badges if I have Guilded Thorium ?

e. I've been unlucky in with getting a decent head form kara, should I bother with the Badge head and how does it compare with T4?

Since my post is unclear, I'll restate it.

1. I'm wondering if I should get the "Iron-tusk girlde" over Moroes's belt or Unwavering over Wrynn Dynasty. I cant link my armory, but go ahead and search for "Goat" on Emeriss EU. The belt will give me more dodge while the legs will give me more SBV/R. For this who are lazy to search my armory, I have 16% dodge, 16% parry and 19% block. I am interested in making the healers job easier in tanking Kara, ZA and HKM. (my low dodge and parry are due to me using the Merciless shoulders and Gladiator Chest.

Get the legs then girdle.

2. What minor upgrades do you recommend me to do?

Keep the helm until you get T4. Get 18sta meta and 12sta blue in there.
    Brooch > Barbed for 95% of all fights.
    Get the badge cloak asap, get it enchanted.
    Regem your gloves with sta and 10sta patch or 2% threat. Try pick up t4 gloves and wack a 15agil on there.
    Unwavering for the legs. 3x 12sta gems.
    Boots are fine, get 12sta on them (or 9sta + run speed)
    ring1 is fine, decent aggro ring.
    ring2 is decent as well.
    Trinkets, I'd go with moroes + AutoBlocker for most fights until your dodge creeps up, then I'd swap for the Netherwing trinket.
    Ranged, get the eng gun with 12sta or 4def/6sta
    Azure > Crest, thought S1 > both.
    Weapon is great.

a. I see boomstick slightly better than the Gyro gun due to the def rating while just sacrifcing 18 stam ( in low tier content ), I am currently using a bow with +15 stam.

Gyro is an excellent investment, get a 4def, 6sta gem in or 12sta.

b. I recently picked up Jungle Stompers, is the stats on it worth losing the dodge on Battlescar ?

Yes its worth loosing the parry from Battlescar.

c. Any fight in which I should equip Barbed Chocker of Displine instead of Brooch of Deftness?

Any fight where aggro isn't an issue or you're off tanking something.

d. Is it worth blowing 35 badges on the Cloack from badges if I have Guilded Thorium ?

Definitely.

e. I've been unlucky in with getting a decent head form kara, should I bother with the Badge head and how does it compare with T4?

Your helm is fine until T4. Badge head is pretty weak. Engineering helm is fantastic if you get desperate.
    Last edited by Methadone; 03-12-2008 at 02:24 AM. Reason: spelling

So my order should be : legs/belt/back/autoblocker, correct?

any idea how much eng 1-375 takes? assuming I have mining on the side?

I'd go autoblocker > legs > cloak >>>>> belt

You only need to level to 350 I believe and it would cost maybe 1500 gold or so. Not much experience with engineering to be honest.

Thanks for your input Methadone

I wear Maiden Neck over Brooch for Prince in Kara. I don't have any experience in 25mans so I can't help ya there.

I pretty much agree with Methadone's list for what you should buy if you're ignoring 2.4 gear. If you can afford to wait, though, I suggest getting autoblocker first, then cloak, and then focusing on getting everything else up to snuff while saving badges.

+ Reply to Thread