+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hit Rating

Hit Rating

How much is appropriate.

I have 52 and was considering throwing 8 hit rating in to my yellow socket on iron tusk, any thoughts?

expertise will be your primary threat upgrade along side hit and sbv. I think with 52 hit you're pretty golden for now if you have other expertise pieces, and you can instead focus on stamina in most gem slots. I'd have to see your stats and gear to determine directly though. If you're swimming in EH but threat is lacking go hit, if you're low on EH and threat is fine? go with stam.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

For reference here's the armory. Iron tusk is still unsocketed, w/double 12 stam would put me up to 16.1k health.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...tmane&n=Harkor

The socket bonus from iron-tusk is a little arbitary, one option is to socket your engi gun with +hit instead, but I think most tanks would recommend using spare gear for a hit set rather than decreasing your eh or avoidance in a boss tanking set. Badge bracers would be an option for such a set (due to their expertise) as well as a cloak with block value on it.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Also consider that right now, adding an 8 hit gem won't actually change your chance to hit. You'd go from 3.30% to 3.81%, both of which are just 3% since the game rounds down.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

I've always heard that the game rounds down, but I didn't think that meant to whole percentages when it comes to hit/dodge/parry. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, I'd just like to say that gemming for +hit is almost never the right choice as a tank. Most of the time, the +8hit you get isn't worth the 120-130hp (an exception being if you're on a fight where it's absolutely critical that your taunt doesn't fail, or you've changed guilds and are raiding Karazhan in T6 gear). You *could* make a case for gemming +hit in your +threat set, but I'd probably not even do that because I'm sacrificing armor/hp/avoid for sbv/expertise as it is, and I'd want to get as much of that HP or defense rating (if I'm below 490) back as I can.

Well, if the combat table uses a 100 sided die to determine things, then it has to use whole percentages.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Well, if the combat table uses a 100 sided die to determine things, then it has to use whole percentages.
    I am guessing without communication from Blues this would be difficult to test, however, just the fact that the game defines things to two decimals, it is highly likely that the combat table would be a on a 1-10000 roll or something crafty like that.

Regarding rounding down, I believe the game rounds "ratings" down to the nearest "point". So the actual rounding occurs before the percentage is calculated.
    The beast is getting hungrier.

I believe nuberino is correct in that the roll doesn't happen as a 1-100 (this is just commonly used for examples) but is infact on a 1-10000 roll, where the last hundredth percentage is factored in. Why else would the combat table be something like 102.4% to reduce crushing blows?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread