+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about Dual Wield Fury gear/talent spec

Questions about Dual Wield Fury gear/talent spec

Having read Meeks' guide, and planning to follow that spec, my guild brought up some other questions I should ask to other more experienced raiders.

First of all, is imp. execute ever better than weapon mastery? Having an improved 20% range seems like it might be better than 2% dodge reduction. How much does each talent contribute to overall dps and is there a gear threshold at which one becomes better?

Also, should I consider speccing into improved demoralizing shout over 5/5 unbridled wrath? Just how much rage and dps do I expect to lose by dropping points from unbridled wrath? How much utility do I add to a 25man raid by taking improved demo shout?

Finally, do enchants like mongoose and executioner proc more often on a mainhand weapon? If so, which enchant takes MH precedence? Considering the expense of those enchants, can I do potency until tier2 of my Drakefist Hammer weapons, then mongoose, then executioner? Which adds more dps?

Answering any of these questions would prove very helpful to me, so thanks for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by Tournette View Post
    First of all, is imp. execute ever better than weapon mastery? Having an improved 20% range seems like it might be better than 2% dodge reduction. How much does each talent contribute to overall dps and is there a gear threshold at which one becomes better?
    This is an opinion based thing. Just try it out yourself and see. Based on if you have 1.5 speed weapons for execute spam, and if you find yourself without enough rage to execute every time your GCD is up, I think you can figure out if you should get imp. execute or not yourself.

Also, should I consider speccing into improved demoralizing shout over 5/5 unbridled wrath? Just how much rage and dps do I expect to lose by dropping points from unbridled wrath? How much utility do I add to a 25man raid by taking improved demo shout?
    We don't use anyone with imp demo shout. IMO it's not a big deal unless you're in a hardcore guild and your current progression is way ahead of your gear level. If you do get it, consider only getting 2/5.

Finally, do enchants like mongoose and executioner proc more often on a mainhand weapon? If so, which enchant takes MH precedence? Considering the expense of those enchants, can I do potency until tier2 of my Drakefist Hammer weapons, then mongoose, then executioner? Which adds more dps?
    Proc based enchants will see more procs from your mainhand because you swing with your mainhand when you use skills like Bloodthirst and Heroic Strike. Consider that your offhand is only hitting with white damage and Whirlwind. Your mainhand is hitting with some white damage, some Heroic Strikes, and Bloodthirst. The kicker is that Heroic Strike only has the 9% miss rate of special attacks, so will land a lot more than your offhand autoattacks.

IMO I would put Executioner on your mainhand. Your offhand enchant could be either Mongoose or Potency. I prefer Potency because I don't have a lot of haste so 2% more on a proc doesn't matter much, and I have a lot of crit so the 4% more isn't as big of a deal as 40 constant AP in my mind. Both are fine for your offhand though.

I had Potency on both my weapons until I got 90+ dps weapons. Using better enchants before that just seems like a waste.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

+ Reply to Thread