+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shadow Priest Stats

Shadow Priest Stats

What stats should I be building up?

Intellect
    Spell Dmg
    Spell hit

In that order?

Also what gems are we looking at to be most efficient both pre-70 and 70.

Thanks

Oh and what does spell penetration do?

Come over to shadowpriest.com :: Index and read the stickies.

Stats? From most impt to least

1. Highest +shadow damage or +dmg you can get
    2. 76 spell hit rating
    3. stam
    4. nothing else matters

Gems:

If you intend to PvE raid (i.e. need to kill level 73 bosses), you need 76 spell hit rating. Get that first and then whore damage. Veiled Noble Topaz if you need hit. Once you have 76, nothing but Runed Living Rubies all the way. Ignore all socket colours unless the socket bonus is +dmg and it works out to the same or more than socketing with +9 dmg rubies.

Spell pen is not needed for PvE. It reduces the target's resistance against your spells. It's generally considered a useless stat.

I can't comment on PvP spriesting tho.

Check out the forum. Lots more info there.

Thanks a bunch I'm only 64 for the spell hit # wont matter for 6 levels but your numbers helped quite a bit.

Hey but why sta over int?

Quote Originally Posted by Leytur View Post
    Hey but why sta over int?
    Because there comes a point in PvE where int doesn't mean anything compared to having health to survive.

Because as a spriest you make your own mana.

Also, the higher your shadow damage the more mana you get back. The actual size of your pool doesn't matter, how much is coming in than is going out is more important.

I did most of SSC/TK with a 6.9k mana pool unbuffed. No issues. The only thing tho, is that as a gearing up spriest, its a given that you need to really abuse Mana potions and your shadowfiend. But if you can time your pot/fiend cds properly, you will never run oom. (i.e. pot early to top yourself off, not when you are low... etc etc)

You don't need to stack stam either. Just remember that you need at least 8k buffed to start SSC/TK.... some fights require more esp when you are learning. And in BT/MH, you need 10k buffed on certain bosses.

Since you are leveling, its not that impt now... just pimp out your dmg and you'll do just fine. Have fun smashing the dmg meters on 5 mans!

+ Reply to Thread