+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bonerots Raid Tank UI

Bonerots Raid Tank UI

This is just some pictures of what I use now. The player buff & tank target are filtered to show just what I can do. The player debuff shows all debuffs.

Some repetition in the buttons out of habit, I've just added the 4 large ones today so it will take a bit to get used to them.

The grey bar in the second one where my targets cast bar is. I turned on most of the test bars so you could see where almost everything else goes.

what is the Buff Mod you are using? I like the split.

ElkBuffBars with 4 groups. One for warrior debuffs on my current target, the second for warrior buffs on myself, all buffs on me and then all debuffs on me

where do we get this addon?

More of a screen layout suggestion for tanks. No special programming was needed to do that, just loading the mods and moving them around.

Thought it would be good to give a newer tank an idea of what is important to watch and how to cut down on extra useless information.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojin View Post
    where do we get this addon?
    Click here and get the latest version of ElkBuffBars

Cheers

Think you could add a whole list or/and upload the ui included WTF files? looks amazing

How exactly do you get the debuffs on ElkBuffBars? I've been searching forever for something like that and have been using ElkBuffBars for personal buffs for the longest time.

It's not a packaged UI, it's just an example of how I lay out my screen to take out the clutter of too much information when tanking and place things where they are easy to see.

Can't say I remember exactly and wow is down right now. Basically I just made a new group and then used the white list to set the stuff I wanted to see.

Specifically the debufs I wanted to see only ones I typically use. I don't want to see everyone in the raids dots or debuffs.

I'll listen out the major addons that make it look like that.

Xperl is my unit addon, that lets me move those around where ever I want. Bongos2 does my bars and lets me move those.
    The lower right bar is autobar since I love that.
    buffs & debuffs is entirely elkbuffbars with 30 minutes or so of fiddiling to see how to make just what I wanted show up (thats why I was fighting Teromoths actually)
    Rage for a numeric rage display
    Quartz for my enemy cast bar

Everyone should already have omen, I like it down there so I can glance over and see how well I'm winning on threat.

The top bar is fubar and it has addons that tie into it so you can report different things on the bar.

I've made a few changes since then but the general layout is the same.

I added cooldowncount to put numbers on my abilities as they are cooling down (I think it helps keep my tempo better), parrot instead of sct. I now have damage on the right side in a line down and outgoing hits on the left. Prat cause it makes the chat nicer, Ricominimap & simplecombatlog

If you are really serious about tanking or playing in general I recommend starting to mess around with your UI, put stuff where you want it and it will help you play better. Mine works for me since I'm not a dpser and I'm not a healer so whats important to me is going to be entirely different then whats important to them. I don't add a lot of flashy graphics that are unrelated since I like to keep it simple so I'm not afraid to make changes on a whim. Being in control of your own addons is really the best.

I left out talking about a bunch of misc addons that are unrelated to the layout.

Made this small remake of it but using pitbull frames instead of pearl and a few less bars.. Love the setup

Quote Originally Posted by Edhellin View Post
    How exactly do you get the debuffs on ElkBuffBars? I've been searching forever for something like that and have been using ElkBuffBars for personal buffs for the longest time.
    When you look at the settings there should be an option to display the anchors. From there you should be able to see where your debuffs/buffs/and item buffs are and position them where you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Elotin View Post
    Made this small remake of it but using pitbull frames instead of pearl and a few less bars.. Love the setup
    Looks nice, As you move to raids you'll want to filter the target debuffs down since a raid can put up some seriously ridiculous debuffs. You can make as many bar groups as you like, not limited to just 1 for all buffs & 1 for all debuffs. I use 4 at the moment, one for all buffs on me, one for all debuffs on me. One for warrior buffs on me and one for warrior debuffs on my target. You can see that easier in my second screen shot.

Right now mine is filtered to only show thunderclap & demo shout. After raiding with it for a while, I'd like to also monitor serpent sting (hunter debuff for tanks) and any taunt effects so I can see the difference between me losing agro intentionally vs accidentally. Haven't attempted that yet.

Thanks for the notification.. im showing sunder and thunder + some other stuff like CoS/E and stuns + taunt

+ Reply to Thread