+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battlemaster enchant

Battlemaster enchant

Anyone have any thoughts on the battlemaster enchant? A guildie aquired it the other day and we put it on my Blazeguard to give it a test run, generally with a lot of our groups I tend to be the only melee combatant, our guild heavy on mages, hunters and warlocks for dps.

Theoretically the chant should increase the ammount of threat I produce - given that I'm essentially healing others as it procs, my threat being my big thing I'm trying to improve on right now (especially given the mages and warlocks I'm running with who can pound out a lot of damage)

Any thoughts on this? Like I said, we were more doing it for the experiment of trying its effect, though it seems sort of hard to quantify.

I had it for a little while when it first came out to test it also. But it doesn't really do alot for you. Its proc rate is pretty low. You would only get credit for true healing that it does. And it will only heal your party, it might be better if it healed everyone in the whole raid hehe.
    But, if you are really looking for more threat you might want to take a look at executioner instead. It will cause an "ignore 840 of your targets armor" buff. It procs alot, you will do more damage when its up, so more threat. I would recommend you do a couple searches in the forums here for info on other enchants as well, they have been discussed heavily in several threads.
    -Nez

As Nez already summed up,

Executioner for threat.
    Mongoose for mitigation/avoidance.

Those really are the best 2 options for a tanking weapon. In your case, you'd want Executioner.

I use it now, but mainly because I already used my mats on it, and have not got to collecting mats for one of the others. It procs a lot for me, and I usually end up pretty high on the healing charts, but it is not a life saving enchant. Not like 300 health is going to save you that much against a boss that hits for 6k, and it is probably not going to proc when you want it to. The threat from it is not going to be noticeable enough to make it worth while for that. I usually end up with some melee due to shaman totems and druid pack, so maybe I add a little healing here and there, but overall I would go with one of the other 2 listed above.

+ Reply to Thread