Thread: Mag & Earthquake

Mag & Earthquake

i have a semi-noobish question about mag and the earthquake effect he has -

we have more than enough dps to kill the channelers before he releases most nights, and although we run a little light on healers have enough healing. our issue is the earthquake effect he does - it alway seems to be a split second before blast wave (or god forbid during), which means our cube assignments are never where they need to be, and it usually wipes the raid. how should this be dealt with? we have downed him before, but havent had much luck lately. is there some trick that i havent read about on how to deal with this?

Clear your throat and scream on vent:

Get your fucking asses on your position (with your back on the wall) before the Blast Nova timer hits 20s or you will get all the numbers of the lottery for -100 DKP.

It's not a DPS race, it's just knowing how to handle the cubes, there's no mistery.

I have not done this fight, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I have read up on all the strats, and have watched the videos and such. To me it seems like you are better off trying to get your cube clickers into position well ahead of time instead of trying to squeeze out a little more damage. Have them get to the wall behind their cube and wait the time until they have to click just in case they do get knocked around.

we have had them move around the 10s mark, but never against the wall. ill refine our strategies and hopefully we can squeeze a run in tonight before the server reset.

thanks.

Haha! Here is the problem! If you don't keep your back on the wall, you will be throwed away randomly, but if you keep your ass on the wall, you will be bouncing on it and not even moving.

GL, I'm sure that you will do it =)

I want to go there sometime when we take a brake from progression raiding. Can you tell me whether people (with their backs to the wall) can still click a cube if the earthquake is bouncing them around? Or does the earth not occur at the moment of casting blastwave?

Well personally, I wasn't a clicker, but we placed a huge emphasis on "ASS ON THE WALL" for the folks who were assigned to click. It worked perfectly! I noticed earthquakes going while he was casting blast wave, so apparently it wasn't a problem, somehow.

After 4 attempts (the wipes involved some mistakes on calling the correct time to click, and a healer having UI issues...), our first Mag kill ever! Perfect cube clicking = very easy win.

Finally got the chance to attempt this and we got him to 17% but the cave in got to many of us to get him all the way. I think if you back is to the wall you are just out of range for clicking and it might break the channel even if you were in range. As long as the cubes are clicked before the blast nova casting is off and he is banished to interrupt it you are okay, so basically get to your cube as fast as you can after the knock back if it is going off just before the blast nova starts casting.

We tried to keep casters on the cubes farthest away from him and the melee on the closest just to minimize running around, and keep the melee at max range behind him so they do not get knocked in front and take a cleave which got us a few times. As soon as you get down a few of the channelers whoever was healing the tank there should get on the MT so you are not over come. We got him to 17% with just 5 healers which was all we could get on at the time, so it is possible. More is safer, due to have some on the MT and still have some for the raid to help healing during cave in at 30% and if someone get the dot from the flames on the ground.

As for tanking the hardest part I found was after the knockback, trying to get back into a good position with him, I did not get kocked off the wall but I did get knocked from side to side. If this is not normal please let me know, and how to correct it. as he would get partially sideways sometimes and I would have to twist away from the wall a little or move back to infront of him, which would make the camera angle even worse.

We hadn't been there since one ill-fated evening many months ago when the guild was still working through Karazhan. This weekend we got the chance as a combination of the instance servers being down for an hour and an easier than expected Leo first kill left us with an hour or so with little to do (except for a fun Lady V zerg to 65&#37.

We had some people start the event accidentally by auto-attacking channellers (happened 3 times). However we did manage two proper attempts; the first to 35% and the second to 15%. Clicking wasn't an issue - what killed us was too many dying due to cave-ins when standing near the cubes.

Can't wait to go back but he just isn't high on our agenda.

While we finally won last night (do not let the 30% mark coincide with a blast nova), I got smacked by debris for 19k (luckily I lived). What animation do I need to look for to make certain I can get out of the way? Is it similar to the GL cave-in?

I rarely see the cave-in animation before I get smacked. It almost always kills, so consider yourself lucky to have survived a 19k lovetap.

It seems that, since Mag's 2.4 dumbing-down, people are actually having a harder time killing him. Earthquakes run rampant alot more than I recall, and people just can't get the cubes to sync up in time.

(Alot of people also don't even realize that Mag takes additional damage while all of the cubes are clicked, giving a group with superfluous heals an advantage if they're confident in their ability)

Mag's a pain, but he's not exceedingly difficult. Just make sure your loltard auto-attacking friends sit by the door until the pull. (I did that once myself... won't ever do it again, that's for sure)