+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boss Mods - Which do you use?

Boss Mods - Which do you use?

Hi guys,

I currently use BigWigs as a Boss Mod but it has disappointed me when fighting Gruul since the timer on the ground slam was wrong, and another guy in my guild that had DBM on was doing a very good job at timing the slam for everyone.

Which one do you prefer? Is DBM better? Is there specific fights where one is better than the other?

Thanks for your help.

I've been using BigWigs since... I don't even know. I started using it some time before 2.0. I think I went from CT_RA to ... XRP? I don't remember the name of the boss mod. The one everyone was using during Naxx progression because it was so easy to write plugins for. Then after a short phase with that I went to BigWigs since it had all the boss data I needed by then.

I haven't had a reason to change since.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

I prefer to use Deadly Boss Mods over Bigwigs. I had timer issues with bigwigs where deadly boss mods I haven't had a timer issue in along time.
    “Always remember, You’re unique, just like everyone else.”

We have a mixed group in my guild where some use both, I am waiting to hear back from a bud of mine to see which one he prefers and maybe try out Deadly Boss Mods since I use Bigwigs right now. I am not sure if this is true for both, or even which one if not both were having this issue, but we noticed that for Hydross, we were getting different displays for the % mark on the tank, which we were thinking was due to him engaging before us and maybe getting the first mark sooner than the rest of the raid. I would think for something that is raid wide at the same time like ground slam would be the same though.

I currently use Bigwigs, which I have used for about three months. Before that, I used DBM. I switched mainly because the timers on DBM were way off on some fights in Kara. DBM has been off slightly a few times, but for the most part has been good. I also use wowace addons, so it is easier for me to update Bigwigs.

I've never actually used DBM so I don't know if it has the nifty little window that pops up when you get things like Wrath of Solarian and such. BigWigs will pop up a window that lets you know who you are too close to (just like the C'Thun warner add-on). If DBM doesn't have that feature, then I would consider that enough reason to BigWigs all by itself.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Yup, DBM has the little window feature. I see it pop up on Curator and Gruul fights, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by greendj27 View Post
    I currently use Bigwigs, which I have used for about three months. Before that, I used DBM. I switched mainly because the timers on DBM were way off on some fights in Kara. DBM has been off slightly a few times, but for the most part has been good. I also use wowace addons, so it is easier for me to update Bigwigs.
    yea, I was using big wigs for the same reasons... but somehow now that i've left kara bigwigs doesn't seem a good choice
    gruul's timer and vr are all wrong and dbm are correct

seems odd because I've never heard something like "bigwigs is better for kara and dbm for gruul"

anyway, I've changed to dbm now

I am using Deadly Boss Mods... i had Bigwigs for quite some time, but since i tried LaVendetta i stayed with it... DBM is the replacement of LaVendetta.

They are quite similar and do both work very well... in terms of accurency of the boss emotes they both have good timers - but since many of the bosses abilitys have a "random timer" you can sometimes notice a delay or the ability triggers to early - so you never have a 100% guarantee. (would be really boaring otherwise, wouldnt it ^^)

Just get used to it... as soon as the timer for ground slams,spouts, earthquakes @ mag etc shows up...just be prepared to handle them

some DBM Features:

° Boss mods for all raid bosses
    ° Colored raid warnings!
    ° Bars can be enlarged when they are about to expire
    ° Synchronization system for dependable timers
    ° Special effects like the screen flash and the screen shake effect will draw your attention to critical events
    ° Many bar designs to choose from, all designes are are customizable: you can change the color, size, icon position etc.
    ° Range warning Window / special windows for special Events, like Kael Thas Advisors/Weapons etc.

just try them and compare :-)

Deadly Boss Mods :: A World of Warcraft AddOn

wrath

+ Reply to Thread