+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ratings Formulae

Ratings Formulae

I am trying to find the formulae for determining the effectiveness of 'rating' at a given, non-70 level.
    (e.g. How many points of Block Rating will provide 1% block chance at level 36?)

Does anyone know these?

That post did answer my questions, thank you so much!

Though, now i'm curious, if you have 'remainder' rating, do you get a fractional percentage chance? (e.g. 5 rating=1%, i have 13 rating, do I have a 2 2/3% chance, or 2%?

The character sheet does not show decimals for some ratings (eg defence skill, expertise) but the decimals are still kept. It does show decimals for percentage based skills like crit, hit, block, dodge, miss and parry. So going by your example where 5 rating = 1% and you have 13 rating, you will have a 2.6% chance, not 2%. Change it to 5 rating = 1 skill point with 13 rating on the other hand and you will still have 2.6 skill points, but the character screen will only show 2 skill points (it rounds down). However, the decimal is not lost. If you gained another 1.4 skill points you would then have 4 skill points instead of 3.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

+ Reply to Thread