+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BT/Hyjal - Arms or Fury, would appreciate input.

uhhhhh not having wf is a huge deal for you. try it again next raid and make sure u get that shaman.

Indeed, wf adds 100-200 to my dps.

Kez
    "serious walnut- crunching ass power" from: Merry Christmas, Bob, By Chris Shugart

Your crit rate is fine for MS. Flurry only eats up white swings, so it should refresh with all the slams/MS/WW/WF you get in between white swings.

Hi everyone

i'm 33/28 and yesterday i received my 4th T6, i want to use a new template with imp MS like this (my weapon is Cataclysm edge).

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

or

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Do you think its better than a flurry template? (T6 bonus stack with imp MS)

Imp ms is nearly useless in PvE, you would be far from making up lost dmg from flurry. Imp slam builds are very limited if you want to remain competetive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    charge-> white hit -> mortal strike -> cast slam at last .5 seconds of swing timer -> white hit -> slam -> whirlwind -> cast slam at last .5 seconds of swing timer -> white hit -> slam -> mortal strike -> repeat

I might just be reading this wrong but you seem to be recomending to MS before slam?

Attack rotation is pretty simple. You should be hitting slam as your auto attack starts every time. If you are feeling risky and see your lag on quartz you can hit slam before your auto swing finishes. For example if you are seeing 300ms lag then hit slam when there is 300ms left in your auto attack. This is of course risky as if you jump the gun a little you will loose your auto attack. However as you get the feel of things this method is needed to maximize dps if you do not have perfect lag.

Here is my rotation assuming rage is not an issue:

Auto attack --> Slam --> MS
    Auto attack --> Slam --> WW
    Auto attack --> Slam --> MS
    Auto attack --> Slam --> Demo Shout

The most important thing is that slam is more important then MS and WW. So ALWAYS slam after the autoattack and then ms or WW if there is extra rage.

Also 33/28 blood frenzy/flurry is the only raid spec to consider.

ok thx for the answer

for a fury spec, with 5/5 flurry should i use archimonde sword (3.50 speed) or reliquary mace (3.8 speed) ?

my ideas

archimonde sword : more white swings but hard to make the slam cycle

reliquary mace : big slam (cause its not normalized) and more easy to time the swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Landais View Post
    ok thx for the answer

for a fury spec, with 5/5 flurry should i use archimonde sword (3.50 speed) or reliquary mace (3.8 speed) ?

my ideas

archimonde sword : more white swings but hard to make the slam cycle

reliquary mace : big slam (cause its not normalized) and more easy to time the swing.

I am going to say this once and use big letter to drive my point home. Do not mean to come off as rude but this is very important.

MACES BAD...SWORDS GOOD.

MACES VERY VERY BAD.

Also for a slam build your ideal post haste speed is 2.5 seconds. You reach that with a 3.5 sword, flurry, and gruul trinket.

The reason for this is that the faster you attack the more often you can slam. However 2.5 is the fastest you can reach because of global cooldowns.

You slam and reset your attack timer. Slam take .5 secods to cast so you are left with 1 second cooldown. Wait 1 sec then hit MS and activate another 1.5 seconds global cooldown. 1 + 1.5 = 2.5 seconds. This is the earliest you can auto attack and hit slam again.

MACES VERY VERY VERY BAD.

sorry for confusion, its just that the very first rotation i normally don't slam until i get the rotation going. but you're correct, you should probably ignore the first MS and do something like

white hit -> cast slam -> white hit -> slam -> ms -> cast slam -> white hit -> slam -> ww -> etc.

my mistake.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread