+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Query about DW fury PVE (lvling and raiding)

Query about DW fury PVE (lvling and raiding)

I helped out my guild a while ago by taking over a lvl 70 prot warrior and really enjoyed being the MT although it was a very big learning curve this website helped a huge amount! However the guy came back so I am no longer being MT and am back in my normal role of being affliction lock dps which is ok but a little boring.

So I am finally lvl'ing up my little warrior alt (48 atm) and as DW fury recently had a problem that I was only able to take 1 or 2 mobs before having to eat, I then started reading up and came across the fact that I should be doing BT, gcd, WW, gcd, BT etc and I have found this to be very effective. However I still feel that I dont understand the whole role properly in relation to gear choice:

My understanding is that I need plate, with strength and stam or AP and stam, with 1 Strength being 2AP - however some posts seem to point at not ignoring mail with good strength/stam stats even though in my mind the reduction in armor would mean I would be going back to eating every couple of mobs?

Could someone clear me up a little with what gear I should look for when lvling and then what I would aim for for end fury dps (hit cap, ap etc) for a guild who is still playing with Kara.

Thanks in advance!

Even Leather is fine for Fury Warriors once you start raiding...if it has Hit/Crit/Strength/AP on it ...you wan't it

Leveling .you will probably wanna stick with Plate

I say go for the gear with strength and agility, with stam as a lesser priority and armor as even less -- at least while levelling. A bandage every few mobs is enough to keep my current little project up.

Armor matters preciously little in a DPS role. Sure, get plate when you can, but if you can't--don't fret.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Ok thanks guys, I think I just dont quite fully understand the role properly even though I might know it enough. Having played a lock for almost 2.5 years I know it pretty well but know little about other classes.

Back to the grind stone then =)

if you are a DPS warrior off tank then there is no way i woudl invest in leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilred View Post
    if you are a DPS warrior off tank then there is no way i woudl invest in leather.
    If I was a warrior off-tank, I wouldn't invest in DPS gear.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

+ Reply to Thread