+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guardian Enjoyment

Guardian Enjoyment

The Guardian class is the first time I've just said, "Wow, this is really great." A tank class that is fluid and damaging.

Level 29 was tough to push through. Quests were difficult to complete and despite Rage, Firearms, and damage-related abilities maxed out with fine weapons, it wasn't a particularly enjoyable level. This was especially true because a series of quests I needed to solo were swarming with Bane.

Level 30 was the opposite. I now have five weapons, none of which take ammo or lose durability. They all deal as minimum what my previous maximum damage was. They are fluid and quick, and Mires was wildly enjoyable to run through (I maintained 250% XP bonus for 35 minutes). Particularly enjoyable was taking on Kael with melee damage.

Anyway, I'm terribly behind the times, we all are due to the site development and WoW raiding. Apologies since this is all new to you guys.
    • Hand to Hand increases Staff damage;
    • Major weapon types so far are Physical, Incendiary, Electrical, Virulent, Pulse;
    • Guardian allows us to definitely test whether this system is run on a Combat Table. News upcoming!

put the WoW down now! hands behind your head! back away slowly. TR has you under arrest! thanks for your efforts Theory Spot guys! alot of people that are just running around blindly making wild assumptions in TR right now.
    Currently Playing: RGTR, WoW
    PFC Novascar, Alpha Co., 1st Platoon, Commando.
    149th Tactical Battalion "Nightstalkers".
    Cassieopia Server.

I felt the same with my spy. 28-30 was mind numbing, and the second I hit 30 it was just a giggle fit. It's unreal the leap between 29 and 30 when you get your new weapon.

I just got owned.

So all this damage I was doing was apparently 5x the normal speed I was supposed to be doing (check our News post or the TR loader).

Instead of lowering the attack speed, they instead lowered the damage by 80%... which is terrible, because my Staff has a very high chance to knockback, and I have to spend far more time running to targets now to kill them.

QQ

QQ

Update: QQ no more. Will write up some observations in Articles section.

Have to say, I just hit Guardian the other night, and this may be a case of don't know what you're missing but...wow. I love this more than chocolate!

Chocolate is good.

I didn't really notice anything as far as dealing damage goes when I hit 30. The only thing I've managed to get is a bit of survivability with immunity and regen wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Clever View Post
    Have to say, I just hit Guardian the other night, and this may be a case of don't know what you're missing but...wow. I love this more than chocolate!
    Guardian is REALLY fun all the way through. The only rough parts are applying Reflection for extended periods of time (weird cancel bugs) and occasional target loss.

But FUN.

+ Reply to Thread