+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Badge Pally Chest.

Badge Pally Chest.

I have been reading on here that alot of warriors are using this chest. Aren't most poeople flaming us warriors for using it? I was thinking about purchasing it cause i cant get any chest's even blue ones to drop. I have the stinking jade-skull breastplate. What do you guys think. I was thinking about pvping for a gladiators chest but if those of you that are struggling to get a chestplate are buying the pally one. Then I might just suck it up and get it myself. Please let me know what you guys think. Buy badge chest or get pvp chest or wait for a chest to drop. Ty for helping.

For a warrior, Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian, even with the spell dmg on it, is slightly better than the T4 chest from Mag (not counting set bonuses, though).

I have the Revered Aldor Chest, my guild will probably never do 25-mans, I'm at 55 badges right now and you can be sure I'll get this chest as soon as I get 75 (though I already bought the badge pants and neck, so depends of which upgrades are the most valuable to you at the moment).
    Last edited by Bulldoze; 01-15-2008 at 08:58 AM.

Someone should look in the mirror twice before flaming a tank that is improving his gear drastically through an easy to get badge chest piece. A little spell damage doesn't change the fact that it is better than Panzar'thar and T4 and only a bit worse than the warrior bp off Zuljin.
    The beast is getting hungrier.

Wasn't trying to degrad anyone.

I am sorry if I degraded anyone, i wasn't trying to...Just the server I am on flames alot of people for stupid crap. So I was just tryingto wonder if you guys think I should get it. I don't quite have the badges but the other badge stuff is a bit of an upgrade. Ty for replies. If you get a chance anyone, armory me and see if you think the bp would be the best upgrade. I know the back is an upgrade also. They are the two I was thinking about first. Sorry again if I offended anyone. Sunderwear (whisperwind)

I don't think you offended anyone We all know warriors get flamed for using gear that people think is not appropriate... but they are the ones that should look long and hard at why they are making fun of a tank making a good gear decision.
    The beast is getting hungrier.

The badge chest owns. I'm almost thankful panzathar never dropped because I would be less geared if it had. people might flame here and there but the majority wont even inspect you and they will just notice ur nasty unbuffed HP.

Besides... have you SEEN that chest? Since you already have the legs, you'll be decked out in skulls-n-bones from neck to knees. What an awesome look for a warrior.

Of course, I might be biased as I have both the legs and the chest. Ya, I upgraded from the Jade Skull chest as well. HUGE step up.

Honestly, you'll just get used to getting made fun of for your gear after a while, I still hear noise because I was wearing the s1 arena chest with 12 stam gems in every slot when i couldnt get good tank ones to drop. I have since replaced that but they still rag on me, but you know what my guild was progressing quite well with me wearing that, and that is my only concern. Simply put if its better then you have go for it, worst case scenario you get ragged on by people not in your guild, but your healers love you because you're easier to keep alive.

And in the end thats what really matters. Live with the jokes and then return the favor when you start getting past them in terms of dungeons.

i wore belt of the guardian until mother shahraz

Who cares what people think?

That pally chest is incredibly incredibly good. Anyone who knows anything about tanking will never mock you for using it.

And for those that do, let them tank an elite for a while and see how their cloth/leather/mail holds up.

It's what I'm saving my grubby little badges up for as well, especially with hit/miss chances in KZ on NB runs. Legs are equally tempting but I think stammed & patched Timewarden's will do for now. If the spell bonus tweaked my Draenai healing racial then I would chuckle. repeatedly....

If not, it'll be better than what I have and badkharma knows it's own.
    Former TBC/LK Tank
    Waiting for Dunmail Jnr to sleep to enable online gaming.

@Dunmail:
    Legs are a bit better than chest. Unless you have a stupidly bad chest, go for the legs first.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

personally i am mt for kara the chest is a great up grade before t5 even if it has spell damage on it

+ Reply to Thread