+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking set

Tanking set

I am just begining to tank and had some questions about my gear. I am about to start Kara as the OT. Just wondering how my gear stacks up. I am trying to collect all the Furies cards as a trinket. I just reached 360 BS and am collecting the mats for Fireguard. Is this a good weapon to go with or should i try for the Sun Eater. Also I am waiting to get up to 375 BS so i can craft Red Havoc Boots which i have the plans for. I am also running arena to get an epic shield.

I know i have no enchants on my gear and i need to get some so any suggestions would be welcome. I want to try and keep them cheap though since a lot of this gear will be swapped out in Kara and i am saving for an Epic Flying Mount.

Here is a link to my Char in Wow Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&n=Maelstroms
    Last edited by Maelstroms; 01-13-2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: add link to armory

A link to your armory would be useful.

[item]Fireguard[/item] is a good, solid threat weapon. [item]The Sun Eater[/item] provides more mitigation. They are almost the same with regards to threat, so if you can get [item]The Sun Eater[/item], get it -- but I wouldn't hunt it down.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

I rather go hammersmith, Fireguard is only an OK weapon, I suggest you to run heroic mech for badges, DPS legs and The Sun Eater, once you got it, you will use it over the Fireguard or you can be lucky and get KDs from Chess Event too. When you reach T5 content, you will meet with Lurker who drops one of the best tanking weapons in the game which outclasses Blazefury.

Since you will have to farm for money and you will need to PvP to improve some gear, I suggest Hammersmith. It offers you the most solid PvP/ DPS weapons, I got Dragonmaw and Deep Thunder. Dragonmaw is imba for devastate spam, killing mobs in 10s while doing netherwing quests is made of win (nearly full epic gear, lots of PvP epics) and ideal when tanking in low rage scenarios while Deep Thunder is a solid option for casual PvP.

PD: I could link the weapons, but I'm lazy, sorry
    PD2: My Firefox crashes when I try to see your armory, damm blizzard.

I also wanted to ask if I should take the weapon smith route. I have just completed the Weaponsmith path so it is still easy to change to Armorsmith. Is the Fireguard series worth it? Or should i just go for the epic drops and get the armorsmithing chests. I guess this is my most pressing question since i am going to make a choice in 2 weeks when i really start raiding.

Thanks

when you say DPS legs, do you mean running arena or trading in badges?

Pretty sure he was referring to [item]Vanquisher's Legplates[/item] that drop off Pathaleon the Calculator in Heroic Mech.
    The beast is getting hungrier.

+ Reply to Thread