+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Future tanking sets

Future tanking sets

While running 5-mans I wasn't too concerned with having multiple sets of gear, so long as I had the 490 defense minimum and decent threat generation, I focused on health and armor.

I know that as I move deeper into raiding I'm going to want to have multiple sets for different encounters. So I figure I'll keep it simple at first and just have an effective health set along with an avoidance set.

What I assumed I would do is just have a set that is maxed out effective health and another that is maxed out avoidance and then just mix and match depending on the situation. Before I go further, is this a bad idea?

Supposing I don't go with that idea and try to balance them out a little more, how much avoidance should I keep on my effective health set to keep it viable? How much stamina/armor should my avoidance set have in order to be viable?

I don't need specific numbers just some raw estimates.
    "SHUT UP AND LISTEN!"

Right now I wouldn't worry too much about having multiple tanking sets since pretty much every epic tanking item is an upgrade for you in all fields. Once you start getting multiple epics for the same item slots then you can easily start making multiple sets for various encounters.

+ Reply to Thread