+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Trinkets...

  1. #1
    Gargantax Guest

    Trinkets...

    Heyas,

    Got my [item]Wrynn Dynasty Greaves[/item] tonight, and after gemming and armor kit, I found I had some more room to move with Defense than I thought.

    I've got the [item]Darkmoon Card: Madness[/item] now, and I'm halfway to finishing the [item]Darkmoon Card: Vengeance[/item].

    Looking for opinions on whether it's worth dropping my [item]Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600[/item] to equip it, or if not... which should I equip.

    I've got the badge bracers, and neck for threat... how much of a threat hit will I take dropping the blocker, and will the card procs make up for it?

    I'm most often MT... we're up to Prince in Kara.

    Click sig for Armory profile.
    Last edited by Gargantax; 01-12-2008 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Fixed sig to include Armory profile

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    104
    Don't drop your autoblocker. When you finish making the vengeance card, wear that over madness.
    My Armory (May be in PvP Gear)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    855
    keep all 3 on you at all times. there will be tons of situations where you aren't going for insane threat and/or most incoming damage is magic and/or unblockable.

    ...sorry....and/or my bad. :P

  4. #4
    I wore the Gnomeregan Autoblocker 600 and the Darkmoon Card: Vengeance from when I first got them in Kara all the way through to Illidan. There isn't a better set of trinkets available, the only time you use other trinkets are for resist fights or for a passive uncrushable set.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    104
    I just got a Shadowmoon Insignia, which I wear over my DMC:V only because I have 17.4k unbuffed hp as it is; I really like the mini Last Stand effect, I mean I'm at a point where ~1200 more potential life is more valuable than passive 560 at all times.

    This trinket isn't really available to everyone though, so for 95% of tanks I'd say the card and autoblocker is a great combo...which is good because there's very few alternative options.
    My Armory (May be in PvP Gear)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratholorn View Post
    I wore the Gnomeregan Autoblocker 600 and the Darkmoon Card: Vengeance from when I first got them in Kara all the way through to Illidan. There isn't a better set of trinkets available, the only time you use other trinkets are for resist fights or for a passive uncrushable set.
    How about Moroes watch? I really like this one, it saved my butt numerous times.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,545
    I wear Moroes' watch for maybe one fight per raid week, where I just throw on max avoidance gear to make it easier on the healers (since I am past the EH breaking point anyway). All I ever wear is Vengeance, Autoblocker, and sometimes the Netherwing 45 stamina trinket.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Marn View Post
    I just got a Shadowmoon Insignia, which I wear over my DMC:V only because I have 17.4k unbuffed hp as it is; I really like the mini Last Stand effect, I mean I'm at a point where ~1200 more potential life is more valuable than passive 560 at all times.

    This trinket isn't really available to everyone though, so for 95% of tanks I'd say the card and autoblocker is a great combo...which is good because there's very few alternative options.
    That's true - the damn thing never drops for us, the one we've seen I sent our Feral Druid's way obviously (since it's such a good trinket for them). I have a bulwark for another last stand type ability, and I'm not a Tauren so I don't have a hax HP racial

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3
    Ratholorn, hows it going man?
    This is Tamerlane, formerly of your guild on Khaz.
    Saw you on here and had to register just to say hey. I remember many good runs through Slabs and Mech once upon a time.
    How is the guild doing? By looks at your armory progression seems good.
    I have moved to Italy and only play casually, but still like to look at forums at work
    Ciao

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    104
    Yo Rath if you're having trouble with drops you should consider changing who seeds the instance; we had a mage seed BT for the first 15 Bloodboil kills we had; then we have a warrior seed (me) and a feral druid seed and both those weeks we get the insignia.

    STILL NO GIRDLE OF STABILITY THOUGH LOL!

    Edit: at least you have stoneform Ratholorn, that's not too bad. Although what I really like is the tauren hit box, I can't play as a gnome or human or anything, I need that reach now lol.
    Last edited by Marn; 01-24-2008 at 01:18 AM.
    My Armory (May be in PvP Gear)

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Marn View Post
    Yo Rath if you're having trouble with drops you should consider changing who seeds the instance; we had a mage seed BT for the first 15 Bloodboil kills we had; then we have a warrior seed (me) and a feral druid seed and both those weeks we get the insignia.
    STILL NO GIRDLE OF STABILITY THOUGH LOL!
    Edit: at least you have stoneform Ratholorn, that's not too bad. Although what I really like is the tauren hit box, I can't play as a gnome or human or anything, I need that reach now lol.
    Seeding is the Raid Leader when the first boss dies? Or first toon to zone in?
    And I'm glad to see someone else with Girdle of Stability drop issues besides me.

    Also - Hola to Tamerlane, ya we got our first Illidan kill last reset.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts