+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nikya's Armory

Nikya's Armory

To set the stage, I am the main tank for a guild that currently kills Lurker and VR, clears Gruul's Lair, has had Karazhan on farm since it formed, and is currently working on Hydross.
    My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nazzar&n=Nikya

Now, a few questions, for which any response would be greatly appreciated.
    1) Should I replace my Panzar'thar Breastplate with the one from Badges? The only other conceivable option right now would be the T4 Chest, which, while not out of the realm of possibility as there are Mag PUGs that kill him every week, seems unlikely as they are random roll. In addition, the Badges chest seems better than T4.
    2) I have 291 Arena Points right now. I have read a lot about how good the Season 2 shield is, and was wondering whether it would be a worthwhile upgrade for a MT (Read: Is it a good progression shield?). I've had no luck with the Gruul's shield, and I remain uncertain as to whether I would even get it if it were to drop soon, as I just got the Mallet and the rest of the loot council seems to believe that there should be no loot whoring, even to the Main Tank.
    3) I have Jungle Stompers, but am wondering if it would be a good idea to push my guild to try and kill Solarian. We had one night of half-hearted attempts, but those who have killed her before that are in the guild say that it is certainly doable. For aforementioned reasons, I'm not even certain that I would get the boots if they dropped. The question is how big of an upgrade they would be.

Beyond that, I feel that I have gotten my gear to a point where there is little that I can do besides count on raid drops. If anyone has any other input though, it's more than welcome.
    Last edited by Nikya; 02-12-2008 at 06:09 AM.

I'm no where near your level of progression but the S2 shield is a very very good piece of gear.

Your armory is showing your DW gear, so I'll assume you are using Nightbane's shield. The S2 shield has almost 1k more armor and 15 more stamina.

Its definitely worth working towards in my opinion.
    Vexed
    Bronzebeard - US

Thanks for your input. To add on to the original post, we now have Solarian down, but I can't decide if the boots are worth it. It's basically ~200 HP vs. the 47 SBV from the Jungle Stompers.

I'd try to get 1850 rating and buy the s3 shield if you can, it's about as good as the Bulwark of Azzinoth in terms of armor, stamina and block value, minus the proc.
    My Armory (May be in PvP Gear)

+ Reply to Thread