Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easiest Heroic?

Easiest Heroic?

Bored at work today and thought I might get other peoples opinions. We were talking about this in our guild the other night. Think I'd have to say Underbog. I've tanked in every heroic instance and this is defo the easiest imo. Sometimes I am wary of the group composition for some heroics but for this I couldn't care who was in the group. Only mobs that do any credible damage are the Bog lords. One occaion you have to tank two, apart from that they are single pulls. All bosses go down within a minute. 4 easy tokens!

Anybody think differently?

Hmm ok with a good grp every instanc is easy.

I prefer Underborg (same reasons as you)
    Slave (you just have to kill half of the Mobs)
    Bota. (But the group has to know the instance)

Don´t know but everyone is afraid of Bota. Last two runs i did it in 1 Hour and 1hour 30.
    First run (warri,rouge,mage,lock,priest), perfect grp.
    Second (warry, rouge, melee shami, shadow priest, pala), also very easy.
    With daily: 7 Badges for about 1-2 hours.
    But as i said. Most people (i know) are afraid of bota..."oh its so difficult..."

Mecha is easy too (exept 3rd boss) but i did it to often ^^
    Last edited by Mini-Mog; 01-11-2008 at 07:42 AM.

Heroic mech FTW. Every tank wants that sword prior to their king's anyways. That and my only non epic left would be a green ring i can't seem to replace, which also drops from patheleon the calculator.

last night we did heroic mech with two prot wars ,a mage,a lock, and a priest.
    That place is cake laced with pie but sadly my bloody sword never drops.

Arlana/Hardele - how you get those fancy sigs? Both look like you got it from the same place

I would say Heroic Slave Pens is the easiest. For the majority of the dungeon the pulls are 2 or 3 mobs. Even with little CC, that's not a problem. The back part of it contains some 4 mob pulls, but still nothing impossible. And about half the mobs in there can be skipped anyway. The bosses are no problem.

In addition, Mech, Ramps, and Bot are fairly straightforward on heroic as well. Mech becomes much easier if you have a lock in the group, Bot is easy if people have done Bot a few times previously in general, and Ramps seems fairly unchanged from regular.

Daniel

Thanks! WIll have to wiat till I get out of work before getting stuck into it

I would say Mech but then again I think it depends on how well you know an instance... I ran mech over and over and over until I got my Suneater and when I just started playing again after a month off, mech was the first heroic I decided to warm up with I pretty much consider mech easy badges...

Slave Pens would be next for me, Sethekk and Underbog after...

Mech, Slave Pens, Underbog, Ramparts

I really like Bota. Beeing a paladin tank we can do many parts of this instance by AE bombing and if you know what to do the 5 bosses are really easy. A run takes ~1h for 5 badges.

I went hero underbog once but it was quite easy. I really like Ramparts, too.

I like any of them that we can knock out fast. My personal faves, with best times are Ramps (35 minutes), Mech (38 minutes) and Steam Vaults (40 mins). I absolutely love a SV or UB daily, as I'll just get the group together with the plan to do both back-to-back. Personal best time for both SV&UB (9 badges) is right at 1 hour, 40 minutes).

Also, I smacked my forehead a few days back when I realized you can do the daily non-heroic quests on heroic mode too. So I try to keep a non-heroic daily for one of those popular heroics in my log too. There's nothing wrong with free G and Ethereum keys.

one that hasn't been mentioned and is easily overlooked is BM. with t4/t5 gear it's 30 min for 3 badges and 4 LPS. it's just a pain in the A to get to for alliance.

Heroic BM - while is not the easiest when you start gearing up - once you have the gear it become cake - nothing compares to 3 badges in 30 mins. We do this almost daily now - we are t4+some za+mostly full badge gear. Make it even more fun, run it with 3 mele, 1 healer (and yourself of course as tank) and have the 4 mele all use stormchops and just burn the adds right by the portal. Or sub out one mele and use a BM hunter and turn it into a 27 min run.

I'd say Ramparts, mainly because the group composition is a bit more flexible compared to the other heroics.
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

What is this CC you talk about?

I run heroics all the Time with (Me(Prot0,Priest,Elley Shammy(45%crit), and usually 2 DPS warriors) and never use CC

Multi-Tanking is an art that only comes with practice.

It depends really :P i would say that shattered halls and arcatraz are only "hard" heroics due to annyoing pulls/encounters. Hc BM along with Mech and Bota are easiest imo :P but it really depends on how many times you did those instances, how well you can play and partialy on gear :P

Quote Originally Posted by Traydor View Post

Multi-Tanking is an art that only comes with practice.
    And also good gear I struggle to hold anymore than 4 targets at any one time due to TC only affecting up to max 4 targets. If you have 4 targets then it can genterate threat on those 4 mobs. Anymore then you run the risk of lossing agro as the healer will be undoubtablly be overhealing if there are more than 4 mobs in a heroic attacking you. TC, DS and cleave ftw but multiple mob tanking are what tankadins are for

You dont need good gear, only practice, practice, practice.
    Your equip does not scale TC. Warriors where capable of tanking multible Mobs (yes even more than 4) way before TC was available in Defstance.
    Your party will have to be disciplined.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandal View Post
    You dont need good gear, only practice, practice, practice.
    I don't see how you can multi-tank if your gear doesn't allow you to take more than 2-3 hits, however good the healer is.
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.