+ Reply to Thread

Thread: s3 ranged wep vs Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer

s3 ranged wep vs Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer

For tanking, mostly kara and 5mans/heroics. Also planning to pvp alot, most of the time.

so...advice please?

[item]Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer[/item] vs [item]Vengeful Gladiator's War Edge[/item]
    Last edited by Giada; 01-11-2008 at 04:08 AM.

for heroic and trash mobs i use mi agro weapon (in your case [item]Vengeful Gladiator's War Edge[/item] )

for KZ bosses switch to [item]Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer[/item]
    my english (as my warrior) sucks.

One gives you about 2 dps on weapon based hits, and a tiny bit of crit on a toon that already probably has no crit worth mentioning. The other keeps you alive longer, and allows a socket for a nice yellow +8 hit gem which is one of the top two ways to hold aggro (expertise being the other). I wouldn't even bother with the War Edge personally....but I don't have Mooncloth bags.

what ^ said, but if you're looking for advice as to which one to get cuz you can't get both easily? I'd say grab the vengeful, its more universal, really you're losing a bit of stam and possibly a +hit gem, but the s3 throwing weapon gives you almost as much stam, some crit, resilience for crit reduction and thus can sacrifice defense elesewhere for stam/armor, and you can use it for both pvp and pve.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

but if you're looking for advice as to which one to get cuz you
    can't get both easily? I'd say grab the vengeful, its more universal
    Maybe true....but man, that gun looks so cool when you whip it out .

Thanks for the advice, war edge it is

Quote Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
    One gives you about 2 dps on weapon based hits, and a tiny bit of crit on a toon that already probably has no crit worth mentioning. The other keeps you alive longer, and allows a socket for a nice yellow +8 hit gem which is one of the top two ways to hold aggro (expertise being the other). I wouldn't even bother with the War Edge personally....but I don't have Mooncloth bags.
    I find Block value to be of more value nowadays than +hit. I persoanlly use waer edge and do not want to switch to a gun/bow again because carrying ammo and the cd/use on a bow/gun suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    For tanking, mostly kara and 5mans/heroics. Also planning to pvp alot, most of the time.

so...advice please?

[item]Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer[/item] vs [item]Vengeful Gladiator's War Edge[/item]
    well you can socket the gun to give you another 12 stam, you dont have to follow socket colors remember, if you are in a progression phase you will want the gun. If your just tanking heroics and such go for the war edge, i personaly would still get the gun, GCD's are a none issue you only get to used range once anyways, and gimping yourself because you dont want to carry ammo is pretty fail imo.

I like to be able to pull with a throwing weapon ...makes tricky pulls easier

theres no reason you can't carry a throwing weapon too. I mean realisticaly how much stuff do you loot in a raid? Our guild has 1 looter and all greens/blues are DE'd or sold to buy raid mats. I have 3 sets of gear and still have 25 open bag slots.

If you factor in reasonability... it's probably much better to get the khorium destroyer.

As a prot warrior I have difficulty [to say the very least] PvPing at all... let alone accumulating the arena points for that gun, whereas most warriors are going to be miners, and wouldn't have a problem at all getting most of the mats for the destroyer, making it very affordable and competitive to the axes. Also, if I'm going to be spending arena points on anything, it would either be the shield, or PvP gear for when I respec berserk after I'm done instancing for a while.

Especially considering the fact that [like an above poster said] +Crit, +Resil, and +AP are all virtually worthless for tanking the majority of endgame content.

I have had all the ore I would need sitting in my mining bag for like 6 levels, all I have to do is farm 24 Primals, and I can get a Khorium Destroyer for 100g [not even a guildy offer]. Compare that to several weeks of arena matches. I would definitely go for the gun.

Let's be honest here, the gun could have 8/10 resilience in it and feature 30 stamina if that's what appealed to you. It could also feature 8 hit with 30 stamina too. It is nice to have the throwing weapon if you can't afford the gun or you want to be able pull quickly, but when it all comes down to it if you are the MT, you have to use this gun. It's simply too much Stamina to pass up.

+ Reply to Thread