+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Theory/TankSpot and Tanking...

New to Theory/TankSpot and Tanking...

Hey...I have a lvl62 arms warrior named Glyphius(Tauren Warrior) and I got to tank my first BC instance(Blood Furnace). I was nervous due to the fact that I usually DPS'ed my way through instances...But it was quite a rush. I actually have a question about gear at my lvl...I just started buyin 'of the Champion' stuff for my warrior...I understand that defense doesnt really matter at my lvl. What kind of gear would you suggest...PVP? 'Of the Champion'?

It all depends on who you run with and all. Defense always matters, since every point of defense is still avoidance stats. Tanking at any level there is going to be the need for some avoidance, the need to be uncrittable, and the need for health and armor. If you are running with great healers, it might not be a huge issue, but if you are running with characters your own level or so, then healing on some bosses can be rough if you do not have atleast some tanking gear, and the more you have the easier it is to heal. If you are taking dps rewards then your best bet would be the "of the champion" imo. There are a few nice tanking quest rewards out there though too.

The biggest issues you have to worry about while tanking sub-70 are stamina and armor. Everything else you can pretty much ignore -- it's going to be a benefit to have it, but it's not critical.

Defense is still good, but you don't need it. Technically it would be better to have a balanced set of armor, stamina and defense -- but levelling goes so fast, you'd have to get really good items for the Defense to be worth taking the time to gather. (There are some of those in early Outlands -- [item]Ironsole Clompers[/item], [item]Pauldrons of Brute Force[/item], [item]Bogstrok Scale Cloak[/item].)

Most plate DPS gear has stamina and armor -- that's really all it takes.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

+ Reply to Thread