+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking Ring

Tanking Ring

Read an article recently that rates the Shapeshifter signet (sorry, don't know how to do the link thing) from Lower city exalted, as a good tanking ring, was looking for other opnions

It's a threat ring, plain and simple. It has a good amount of Expertise.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Expertise is a decent mitigation stat as well. I've been using it quite a bit lately.

Expertise is a decent mitigation stat as well. I've been using it quite a bit lately.
    I agree very much... looking through logs, a healthy percentage of my "why did I drop dead so quickly on this boss" deaths were caused by my own attacks being parried as generally a parried attack will cause a crush to sneak through on slow hard hitting bosses.
    The beast is getting hungrier.

Situational I would say. Lacks the stam, armor, and/def to be a good progressive or boss tanking ring. Good for farmed or trash though. The expertise is nice but I don't think adding the expertise makes up for the loss of the higher priority tanking stats.

The expertise is nice but I don't think adding the expertise makes up for the loss of the higher priority tanking stats.
    I would think that if you are above the effective health requirement for a fight (progression or otherwise) and are uncrittable, the expertise would be more of a priority than some ~200hp, some armor and a handful of avoidance (probably what you are missing choosing this versus a more "tank" focused ring).
    The beast is getting hungrier.

+ Reply to Thread