+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recommended gear enchants

Recommended gear enchants

OK, probably an old topic, BUT I will ask anyhow..

What is the general consensus on gear enchants?

I have the + threat on gloves, +armor on cloak, + stam on shield, rest aside from main hand weapon are normal rep bonus enchants.

I have been using the +20 strength on my main hand, trying to extract at least a decent amount of damage during the fights to help the group, but I have recently been told the Mongoose is the way to go....

I was under the impression Mongoose doesn't proc enough to warrant a tank using, and as my dodge and parry rating are extremely high, figured the excess damage would be more beneficial. For the record, I have all Kara or better gear, with the exception of my shield is the Shatar rep shield, working on arena shield....

Mongoose has a procrate of 4 ppm (procs per minute)

src:
    The Great Tanking Enchant Debate: Mongoose vs Battlemaster - TankingTips.com

so its up almost all the time. If you want a more threat based enchant you could go for executioner.
    but stay far away from battlemaster it doesnt proc enough and the heals are marginal and mostly overhealing anyway.

ps. first post!

That guesstimate of 4 ppm is totally off. You can find threads where the procrate has actually been tested on the EJ boards, it is more like 1.3 ppm. That said, it is still the best enchant for a tanking weapon.

when it procs, it gives you 150 agi I believe, that contributes to 300 armor, and a good 1-2% dodge. It's pretty decent since it procs often enough to be consistently reliable (i know every single pull it procs several times so you can avg it out to be about 150 armor and 1.25% dodge overall, not to mention it gives a bit of crit for your sexy shield slams anyways.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    That guesstimate of 4 ppm is totally off. You can find threads where the procrate has actually been tested on the EJ boards, it is more like 1.3 ppm. That said, it is still the best enchant for a tanking weapon.
    Yup, you are right. My old post definitely was way off.

@Kaz: It's 120 agility which is 240 armor, 4% dodge and just under 4% crit.

har, thanks, 4% dodge holy hell.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread