+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pvp gems

pvp gems

I got S1 chest that is going to get replaced in 2 weeks.

Need advice on gems.
    I put +8 STR in on red socket.
    I need a red gem, a yellow gem, and an enchant.

I'm thiking +1- res for yellow
    +12 AP for red
    +150 health for enchant
    I'm the guy that does his job. You must be the other guy.

I'm not sure what you mean by +12 AP? Do you mean the epic red +20 one or the blue red +16? If it's the +16 you should do 8 str anyways.

I would suggest gemming for max dps for 2v2 and 3v3. For 5v5 the same thing, unless you're on a serious and high ranked team (in which case you wouldn't really be asking).

So, max dps is basically go all out of AP if you have low AP (probably) or heavily into crit if you have great gear. I'd say make the leap around 1600-1700 AP for switching over, but there's some much better dps opinions than me on that. With a all-season 1 gear set (honor now), I'd go with just 24 strength in there or a 4 str 4 crit in the yellow to pick up the extra crit.. I agree with the 150 hp enchant if you want to just hold off on spending money till later. When you get s3 chest (assuming you're still in mostly s1 gear and lower than my AP number) I'd stick with the same gem setup as you used before but switch over to the stats enchant since you won't be getting rid of that soon.

Thanks for the help.

I should have written +14AP. It is a cheap gem you can buy from Tharallmar for 10 Marks. You are right though, I prefer STR because my partner is a pally .

The difficult part about gemming my chest for me is because I want to win every game but at the same time I know I'm getting rid of this chest in about 2 weeks. The only reason I got it was for the 5 sec int cooldown. I guess I should have given you all my info before asking. I should have been clear that I was looking for the best cost effective solution and not the best solution.
    I'm the guy that does his job. You must be the other guy.

+ Reply to Thread