+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guardian and Reflective Armor?

Guardian and Reflective Armor?

The other day I decided to pick up Tabula and give it a shot- after playing for a few hours I think I have a pretty decent understanding of the game mechanics. Now, my questions is that would a Guardian using Reflective armor be decent? With the Reflective Armor ability maxed it reflects 10% Physical and Sonic Damage back at the attacker (per piece.) So I guess two other questions I need to ask are;

Are physical and sonic damage types common? and
    Would it just be better to use Gravitation armor instead?

Any information would be very helpful.

I was going to create a clone specifically to test the mechanics of Reflective Armor (and whether it stacks with Reflection).

Sonic is relatively uncommon; Physical, however, is very common. Almost all damage up through level ~42 is Physical or Laser (it seems to open up quite a bit with more potent Electric and Incenidary later on, both of which you can pick up Reflection ability for).

If it stacks normally, then yes, there are situations where it'll simply be better to have Reflective Armor on, assuming it's talented. I spend a lot of time with Reflection up where I'm simply not in any danger of being killed because what few breaks I have to regen my Armor are keeping me near-capped. With Reflective Armor, the only difference is the raw amount of Armor.

However, Reflective Armor would only be useful as a means of reducing damage, not of increasing damage output. Tabula Rasa mimics WoW:

-Player Health is very low;
    -Player Damage is very high;
    -Enemy Health is very high;
    -Enemy Damage is very low.

This means that enemies, which have enormous health pools, are dealing minimal damage to them with Reflective Armor or Reflection. The benefit is that they're doing almost nothing to you.

Thanks for the quick reply and the information Cider- sounds like I'll have to do the same. Once I become a Guardian I'll have to try it out. Though I do have to say, it is refreshing to play an MMO other than WoW, heh.

I should clone sooner rather than later...

Will test and will have a full report up tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by KudagAxehand View Post
    I read recently that reflective armor is actually bugged and is reflecting all damage types,
    I don't know about all types, but I did notice that it reflects electrical damage, because I always got the "Immune" message whenever a warnet hit me wearing reflective. It was like this during the part of beta I played too, so I'm wondering if the tooltip is wrong, not the functionality.
    -- Alomax --
    -- www.omnicrola.com --

finished testing. one minute

+ Reply to Thread