Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heroic BF makes Kara look easy

Heroic BF makes Kara look easy

I was tanking heroic Blood Furnace and we got to the room before the second boss. After we cleared the room we pulled the lever to start the event. There were four waves of elites total. The first two waves each had three mobs while the second pair of waves each had four mobs. My group never made it past the third wave. Even with two forms of croud control the elites ripped our group to pieces. Since they were dealing nearly four thousand damage every hit to me and even more to the cloth wearers, we didn't stand a chance. How on earth did anyone manage this event without epic gear?
    "SHUT UP AND LISTEN!"

H Bf

I tanked this and got thru first try, no epic gear.. i think i was going for the boots. we did have trouble until we got one thing.... DPS. we tried and tried until the guy with the most dps on the server came and helped us. then it was no problem at all.

You need a good healer.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

If you want to try a real "fun" heroic instance go to old hillsbrad on heroic or black morass lol.

Our group was totally kara epiced out and we still had a hell of a time.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Heroic Black Morass was fun... with a T5-6 geared DPSer taking care of the adds. And we STILL wiped once.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Other than that one event, Heroic BF is a cake walk... with the right group that event is a cake walk anyways even without epic'd equipment.

* Take a tankadin
    * Take a prot warr and a feral dps druid (in tank gear for event)
    * Have aoe fears ready
    * have cc and be coordinated
    * etc, etc, etc

Lots of ways to do it, still a challenge but not terribly so. Don't expect to walk in with a group in mixed greens and blues for it to be easy, but with decent dps (to burn down the groups fast enough) and coordination it isn't bad by any means.
    The beast is getting hungrier.

Heroic shattered halls, getting to and past the first boss was reasonably ok, then we started with cointinual wipes, this with 2 mages a boomkin and a resto sham long with me, still haven't completed this inst.

Actually, the key is CC for that event.

Fear is very useful here.

Try to get at least one mage/hunter for sheep/trap and either a lock or shadowpriest (better if your healer is also a priest).

Get someone else to pull the lever. Stand at the top left gate which is the first to lower, and bloodrage then hit them all with Thunderclap. There are 3 in first pull. Get mage/hunter to sheep trap one, then build aggro on rest, get your priest/lock to fear them if you are taking too much dmg. Lock can also single target fear one all the way. Rinse and repeat for the others. You can also Intim Shout if its desperate.

This is really an idiot check. If your group are not good at running to you when they get aggro, or focus firing, this is wipe city. To assist them here, you can mark skull for focus fire on the fly.

They hit very hard but they don't have much hp and die fast when focus fired. With good coordination, its very doable.
    Last edited by Andromedea; 12-30-2007 at 02:39 AM.

Given that the boss that follows the event is a complete doddle even on heroic, the min event before hand is actually the challenge at progressing. It happens to be the case in most heroics, the trash is harder than the bosses. You can get past without overloading on CCers for the event, but requires use of cooldowns, stuns and anything else you can pull out of the bag. A bloody good healer really helps.

It requires some coordination and a decent level of gear, plus the whole group has to be awake. Karazhan has 5 extra people, so if one isn't paying attention or doing the right thing it doesn't matter as much.

P.S. If you want to complain about something in heroic BF, then those last 3 pulls of the felguards is plain stupid without the right CC.

I allways tell my grp to not use CC, give me a few seconds to get aggro, and only use single target DPS on the skull. (I remark a new mob with a skull after the first one is down.) I use Thunderclap every cooldown, apply demo-shout, +Shieldslam/revenge/devastate on the focus'd mob.

Never had a problem as long as DPS'ers doesnt start using chain-lightning, whirlwind etc.. Tell the healer to not heal the dmg you take from bloodrage, that has started me off on the wrong foot far too many times.

I have to say this strategy isnt for everyone, my gear level is at tier5 standard. (All of the badge-gear, etc.)
    But even i struggle to survive the grps of 2 Felguards towards the end, they hurt something fierce.

Let me see, BF Tactics, last run was smooth like vanilla ice (ow, it's early)

Pally Tank, Holy Priest, Warlock, Mage, and I have no idea what the other class was, maybe hunter?

Sheeping the mean dudes, I can't remember their names, but they come in pairs. While I could double tank them, my healer was freaking out cause they hit like Prince, so I sheeped them and ZZzzzed.

Fire Imps: these guys HURT, Banish makes life much easier, same thing then the fel annihilators, banish makes life easier on these -- also, I make my team hug the annihilators to prevent surges/intercepts.

As for the chain pulls.. AoE fear bomb (Psychic Scream and Howl) then sheep a straggler -- I would drop Seal of Wisdom on the sheep then we'd regen mana via melee and wanding until the next group came (yeah, they are actually on a timer if you wait long enough)

Having a warlock for the last Felguard pulls are really suggested. So for this event you have 2 of the three mobs CCed (one single feared, the other aoe feared/seduced) and you sure have a mage, hunter or something that can offtank one of them like a pally, warrior or druid.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

My only group to attempt this place did a suicide charge into the last boss room since we couldn't take the felguards. We all ran in, died, a shaman ankhed and rezzed us all, and we took the boss with ease.

... Those felguards do more damage than prince's crushing blows. >_<

Dismember is offline Я являюсь удивительным
    As stated before, it's all about group coordination. As long as everyone focus fires the fel orcs one by one, it's easy to keep the rest on you with TC/Cleave. If you don't have the gear to tank them all at once (as I did not my first couple times in heroic BF) bring along an OT. A feral dr00d works great, since they can lay out the DPS in kitty form as well as pop into bear for this encounter and grab two of the orcs while you handle the others. They also come in handy as an OT for the later Felguard pulls, because if you don't have the gear to tank all the fel orcs you don't have the gear to tank two Felguards.
    Kazeyonoma: Giving people too much time to think makes them do stupid things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dregard View Post
    only use single target DPS on the skull. (I remark a new mob with a skull after the first one is down.) I use Thunderclap every cooldown, apply demo-shout, +Shieldslam/revenge/devastate on the focus'd mob.
    Exactly what I do and don't find it a problem. I am all epiced but only to tier 4 and badge gear and healer is of same standard. Only difference is I always take a Lock who will fear one mob while I tank the rest. Tanking the two Felguards towards the end is insane. Lock banish and tank one at a time

1st try last night

I ran this for the first time with some guildies last night and, although we had a few wipes they were due to general mucking about and having fun rather than insane difficulty.

The group was warrior (me), mage, resto druid, shadow priest, and a tankadin. For the felguard pairs just before Mag we had our mage kite one while the rest of us concentrated on the other. Worked a treat.

We have a pretty simple strategy for that event. Our usual group is Prot War, Mage, Feral Druid, Hunter, and Priest. although we have run it just as easily with a lock and resto druid in the last two slots. The first two sets of mobs are simple. the key on the 3rd and 4th sets is to pop a fear so that everyone can get a target for CC (just one fear, chain fearing takes too long, and they release on a timer). My feral druid pops bear form and tanks the first kill, then switches to cat to help burn down mine, and the CC's. Same deal on the 4th set except we keep the last one sheeped till we have a chance to regain some group mana before the boss (if you can call him that, he's pretty weak) comes

Some of the orcs in each group are MindControllable, have a priest MC one and use it to tank a second, CC the third and you're left with tanking one at a time. Granted you need a spare priest not healing you but it trivializes the fight.

My group had no trouble tell the fel anns, even when I blocked it he did almost 5k damage to me. the first few hits seem to be the worst.

By far the most difficult thing in the instance is the event b4 second boss. This really needs a lot of coordination. Meaning players have to not attack things just because they are being attacked. It is a LOT better for players to practice kiting/avoiding rather than dpsing whatever hits them. Rogues can blind, locks/preists/wars can fear, wars have hamstring as well, druids can stun and cyclone, everyone should have some method of at least slowing a target down or stopping a target from attacking and this is the most important thing. Then as someone said before focus fire, if the healer has to use all his mana on the first 3 waves your not going to do very well.

Also on a side note, be cearful with fear because if you fear a mob close to one of the cages they can come out.