Thread: Rending Leo the Blind?

Rending Leo the Blind?

Has anyone tried this?

Seems like Rend would be a nice little extra for helping pick him up after a whirlwind. Anyway I'm going to try it next time we kill him. I'll be sure to post here how effective it is.

We used to use this for Sartura, a similar fight. It didn't have any noticeable effect, and Rend was more powerful relative to other abilities then.

It's worth trying if you are having problems with the encounter.

You know what really helps? A Shaman with his uff Spitefire? Totem (which shoots fireballs) just place on in the middle (tanking spot), Leo will get hit by the fireball very quick and then whack the totem, plenty of time to get him.

@Rend: I read somewhere, that rend won`t cause threat. Maybe if you dance in circle, naked of course, and call Satrina 3 times, you may find an answer.

The Searing Totem is really all you need, just have your shamans drop them right on top of you and 95% of the time he will run right to you.

Ya all good points guys and I definitely agree that if I struggled with tanking him then this isn't going to really do anything too ground breaking. Interestingly enough, I don't tank him with searing totem. I'll have to start b/c as much fun as being hyper focused is for the fight... I think once I've killed him a few more times I'll not desire it lol

Oh well so much for finding a really good use for Rend. God the ability is so useless. And thanks for reminding me about the totem guys... I've read about it before but forgot. I'm sure it'll be very helpful.

Leo has given our guild quite a bit of trouble too. I've seen a lot of things happening, such as locks keeping dots up in the WW phase, which last right thru. Another lock drained life the entire time and didn't stop until he got ownt...

Good times. We've tried a few things, the searing totem seems to be the best plan from what I've seen. After the first try on our 4th night on him it was brought up that we should have the paladin tank simply because of the shield toss ability....which he promptly proved there was no time to use.

Out of WW and out of Demon form is the toughest, I usually start with a shield slam and heroic strike right out of the gate between phases, sometimes it isn't enought, seems we need to tighten up the raid a bit there.

All that said I think the worst thing is inner demon. Every fight where we start to look good I end up with a demon. I have 630ish BV in my current effective health set, tried switching to 2 swords, worked horribly. My best try was also the worst, as I shield slammed and heroic'ed away at the demon, I brought him down to 1 hit point....right before Leo went elf form and got me MCed at 30%, which to date is the furthest we've got him to.

I feel your pain, and I wish rend was useful in some way, honestly they should remove the talent and just increase the damage to be more on par with abilities of a level 70 character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Easy to kill your demon, I do it with just 300 SBV.

As soon as the demon phase starts, bloodrage, attack him until your rage bar is full. Battle shout.

When you see him casting 'Insidious Whispers', RETREAT to stay out of melee range and to have space so you can easily and quickly see and attack him as soon as he appears.

While you retreat, queue an Heroic Strike, use Shield Block.

If your inner demon appears, press tab to select and attack him. He will attack you and you will probalby block it (shield block up).

The HS is queued and will do extra damage. SHIELD SLAM right away. Revenge! (that's why you turned on shield block), it does great damage for just 2 rage.

Right after this 'opening combo', drink a haste potion. Haste pots had 2 min cooldown, so I usually do this battle with the abacus trinket in case I get two inner demons in sequence.

Use one more SS/Revenge/Devastate, whatever you have available. As soon as he starts casting the shadow bolt, pop spell reflect -- this is critical -- and switch immediately to berzerker stance and get ready to execute him, gg. Try this combo with mobs around the world or doing dailies, it works perfectly.

What we do with WW, is that both the human form tank and me (demon form tank) chase Leo, and try to grab him when WW ends. One of us usually manages to grab him before he goes for any squishy. And if we don't, there's always intervene + shield slam.

Worked fine for the last few months. Never ever used the shammy totem tactic, it wasn't needed. Dividing the area between the two tanks, minor speed on boots, and keeping your eyes open are all you need, in my experience. And a bit of timing, of course.

How about a Prayer of Mending/Earth Shield on you and then just ensure that you get hit by a WW near the end (perhaps when you're putting up your rend)?

For demons I find going beserk stance at the start of demon phase and keeping a full rage bar just in case he targets you makes killing your demon a lot easier.

For picking up after ww's try shouting over TS at your DPS to RUN TO THE TANK when they panic. It never makes any difference but you'll feel better
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    Oh well so much for finding a really good use for Rend. God the ability is so useless.
    I find it useful when I'm dueling our rogues before the raid
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

I used to put Rend on Leo at the start of the WW only because it continues to deal loldamage while he's running around out of my melee range. Never really expected it to help with pickups and I doubt it did. I would think that any heal or dot tick that lands after the aggro reset would deal more threat than a Rend tick.

The combination of Misdirects, Boar's Speed enchant, Hit Rating and people running to the tank has done the job for us.

Edit: we had no shammies to speak of at the time we were in SSC.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US