+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Maximizing TPS (Rotation and Keybindings)

For full control:

1. Taunt
    2. HS
    3. Devastate
    4. Shieldslam
    5. Revenge
    Shift-4. Shieldblock

Then I also use an all in one tank macro with the typical SS,Rev,Dev x 2 + shieldblock + shift based HS modifier. I bind this to Both Q and E so I can alternate press them with 2 fingers while holding shift with my pinky.

Middle mouse is bloodrage. I use the mousewheel to change stances...

I don't have my "eyes glued to the buttons" - infact it's anything but. I have the cooldowns pop up near the middle of the screen, and it pulses and flashes when I hit it and the cooldown isn't up. When the cooldown is ready, it disappears. Using something especially like a "cast RANDOM" macro is only going to have a negative affect on your TPS, there isn't really any way to argue otherwise.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

what are you using to show the cool downs like that?

CooldownTimers2, it's an ace mod.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Rotation depends of the mob.

Trash :

Shield Slam
    Devastate
    Devastate
    Revenge
    Devastate
    Shield Slam
    Devastate

Not using HS on trash

Boss:

Devastate
    Shield Slam
    Devastate
    Revenge
    Devastate
    Devastate
    Revenge
    Shield Block (bonus T5 )
    Shield Slam
    Revenge/Devaste
    And now include HS on white strike .

Around 800-1000 TPS with Mallet of Tides

Keybinding ;

Mouse 3 ( Lateral button ) = Devastate ( Spam ^^ )
    E = Shield Slam
    A = Shield Block
    1= Taunt
    2= Revenge
    3= HS
    4= Reflect Shield
    X = Macro Intervene
    F = Trinket cycle Macro
    G = Macro cycle Debuff AP + Thunder Clap

I strafe with Q and D (Azerty keyboard)
    Don't try this @ home

Bosses:

-Shield Slam
    -Shield Block
    -Revenge
    -Devestate x 2
    -Shield Block
    -Shield Slam
    -Thunderclap while hitting Shield Block
    -Repeat alternating Shouts+Thunderclap
    -Also add Heroic Strike whenever rage is needed, and trinket popping (gnomergan blocker) when extra threat is needed, normally start fights with this trinket popped.

Trash:

pretty much the same, less heroic strikes, no shield blocks, lots of thunderclapping for multiple mobs + cleave

Universal Bindings:

Alt+1 = Healthstone
    Alt+2 = Healing Potion
    Alt+3 = (soon) Rage Potion
    Q = Devestate
    E = Shield Slam
    R = Bloodrage
    Ctrl+R = Spell Reflection
    F = ThunderClap
    G = Trinkets (push once for first trinket, twice for second)
    Ctrl+F = Challenging Shout
    Z = Battle Shout
    X = Demo Shout
    C = Commanding Shout (might change shouts to F1-F3)

Defensive Stance:

1 = Intervene
    2 = Revenge
    3 = Heroic Strike
    4 = Shield Block
    5 = Cleave
    6 = Disarm
    = = Last Stand, Shield Wall (push once for LS, twice for Shield Wall, resets every 10 mins if you only want to use LS)

Battle Stance:

1 = Charge
    2 = Heroic Strike
    3 = Rend (mostly for BGs, to keep rogues/druids from stealth)
    4 = Execute
    5 = Victory Rush
    = = BattleStance 30min cool down(forgot the name, I rarely use it)

Zerker Stance:

1 = Intercept (see the pattern?)
    2 = WhirlWind
    3 = Berzerker Rage
    4 = Execute
    5 = Cleave
    6 = Victory Rush (I think)
    = = Recklessness

There is a lot of thought in my layout as far as speed is concerned, to switch to zekrer and pop rage w/o a macro, I can Shift+3,3,shift+2 - minimal movement and keystrokes. Normally though shift+g is my zerker stance macro.

Intervene, Charge and Intercept are all in the same position, to make quick use of them.

My pummels/shieldbash is on my tilde (~) in every stance.

Ctrl+E is my Conc Blow - I try to keep most universal skills bound to my keyboard instead of 1-= bars, since I will need to use them in every stance(with the exception of thunderclap, might review this later)

Shield Block is not really helpful or friendly sitting on #4 because shield slamming while spamming Shield Block isn't really friendly to hte hand, I do have some more tweaking to do on my layout, but it's pretty universal, and I can switch to Mortal Strike or Fury while only having to change my universal keys, like E = mortal Strike, Q = deathwish, etc.
    Last edited by Matthew; 01-03-2008 at 07:27 AM.

Shield Slam, Revenge, Dev, Dev, repeat. HS as rage allows. SB up as much as possible to allow continued use of Revenge in the rotation. Demo Shout , Battle/Comm Shout and T-clap somewhere in there as needed.

Someone mentioned before that A and D were changed to strafe and all turning and steering was done with the mouse--I recently changed to this setup and couldn't be happier. Not only does it make my mouseover-Devastate macro easier to use since I always have a hand on the mouse, but my reaction time for things like Intervening or such things that require a quick turn-around has increased quite a bit. As of right now my key bindings are:
    (Anything with a * has a /startattack macro attached, in case I don't have rage for it)
    1) Intervene/Charge/Intercept
    2) Cleave*
    3) Slam
    4) Taunt/Mocking Blow/Berserker Rage
    5) Concussion Blow
    Q) Revenge/Overpower*
    E) Shield Slam*
    R) Whirlwind*
    T) Piercing Howl (I'm offtank spec )
    F) Disarm/Execute*
    X) Victory Rush*
    C) Devastate*
    Mousewheel Up) Heroic Strike*
    Mousewheel Down) Shield Block/Hamstring
    Mousewheel Click) Throw/Shoot
    Alt+1) Battle Shout
    Alt+2) Demoralizing Shout
    Alt+3) Intimidating Shout
    Alt+4) Challenging Shout
    Alt+5) Bloodrage
    Alt+Q) Last Stand + Trinket Macro (aka the "Oh, shit" button)
    Alt+W) Defensive Stance
    Alt+E) Self-Bandage Macro
    Alt+A) Battle Stance
    Alt+S) Shield Wall/Retaliation/Recklessness
    Alt+D) Berserker Stance
    Alt+X) Thunder Clap
    Alt+C) Commanding Shout
    Alt+Mousewheel Up) Rend
    Alt+Mousewheel Down) Spell Reflect
    Alt+Mousewheel Click) War Stomp (I'm a cow )

I have my camera fixed at max distance and don't see any reason to change it in the forseeable future, so when I'm in defensive stance spamming my mousewheel up and down makes me Shield Block and Heroic Strike, neither of which are on GCD. Pretty nifty idea if I do say so myself.
    In addition, my stance changes are bound to alt+movement keys, so my hand is always in position to stance dance whenever needed, just pop my thumb over, press down alt, presto stance change.

1. taunt
    2. devastate
    3. shield slam
    4. revenge
    5. heroic strike
    6. and shift-6. shield block
    shift-1. intervene
    shift-2. shield bash
    shift-3. thunder clap
    shift-4. demoralizing shout
    shift-5. commanding shout
    7. cleave

I have various other things bound to different keys as well.

` is reply whisper
    1-3 is stances
    4-6 is mostly unused cuz only time i click stuff is to use shouts and normally i don't have to do that while focusing my micro.
    R is heroic strike. shift+r is cleave.
    t is trinket
    F is my taunt in defensive stance, and execute in battle/zerker stance(probly gonna change this to mocking blow in battle stance since i almost always execute in zerker).
    g is always my universal interupt macro whether i'm equipped with shield or not.
    v is spell reflect in defensive stance, and victory rush in battle stance or zerker stance.
    z is shield block
    x is my target of target, switches to def stance if not in that stance, intervene macro.
    the rest of my abilities are on my mouse.
    two side buttons, wheel up and down and all those combined with shift or alt. It all works out well for me and the only abilities i click are demo shout and thunderclap because it's annoying to reach 4-6 for those abilities on an ergonomic keyboard.
    I have no expertise or hit rating in my tank gear and i push 1-1.25k tps on bosses that allow me to have nearly unlimited rage dump, and when i don't i easily break 900. Just make sure you save that rage for important abilites like SS and revenge. Also, if you don't already have one i suggest picking up a gnomie auto blocker and getting a macro off mozman for getting 4 SS off one trinket use. Nothing like a 8-900 shield slam 4 times in a row to help cap off that threat.

Baceramus...you turn with A and D >_>;;;

Happy for you guys, but I have tiny hands. I also see some people with keybinds that don't let them hit hs + dev/ss/rev + sb all at once, isn't that bad?

My main ones are:
    A - heroic strike
    D - shield block
    F - devastate
    G - shield slam
    V - revenge

Mostly - one finger does A, another does D, another cycles through GVFF. Other stuff is on the surrounding keys and I'm a little slower at getting to it. I also put stances and taunts on my mouse buttons.

Right I had to log into wow because my keybinds are memorised to the point I dont think about them:

Using MS Natural Keyboard.

Stances (Shift 1,2,3)

` - Concussive Blow
    Q - HS
    E - Dev
    1 - Taunt
    2 - Shield Block & Revenge Macro (Haven't come across any situation where using 2 extra rage on revenge at same time isn't worthwhile? & Bound seperatly for low rage situations)
    3 - Shield Slam
    4 - Revenge
    F - Shield Bash

5 - Disarm (I think the 5 key is too far away to be used often!)

I'm happy with this layout because 2 sits nicely under my middle finger to be spammed, Q is spammable by other finger (jumps up to 1 & `) . Index finger alternates between Dev (easily spammable position), Shield Slam, Revenge and quick to Shield Bash (where I have to wait for the GCD).

Logitech MX510 has 5 extra buttons on top of the norm:

Back button (rear side button) = Spell Reflect
    Forwards Button (front side button) = Intervene (and Intercept/Charge etc)
    Button infront of Middle mouse = Last Stand/Shield Wall sequence macro. Once, oh shit, twice, oh shit oh shit.
    Middle mouse button = Wep switch (dual wield/shield)
    Button behind Middle mouse = Cleave
    Button behind that = Mouseover sunder armour macro.

The mouse buttons are nearly all easy reactionary buttons to press.

Shouts I all click, pots/hs/trinkets I click. Berzerker and Bloodrage I both click.

Should maybe think about doing a pot/healstone macro ish bind perhaps but last stand normally gets me through and ready to pot afterwards.

Personally I couldn't live with my mousewheel being anything other than zoom. I am constantly rotating/adjusting my view angle to keep an eye out for adds/situations and keep my other hand busy if I'm bored.

Here's how I do mine...

1 - attack/slam shift macro
    2 - dev/sunder(when not prot)
    3 - shield block/hamstring(battle and serker)
    4 - heroic strike
    5 - Thunderclap/Cleave or WW/Cleave shift macros depending on stance
    6 - taunt/mocking blow

R - battle stance/op macro
    T - defensive stance/disarm macro
    Y - berserker stance/berserker rage macro

F - stoneform
    G - spell reflect
    H - victory rush
    J - Last Stand

ShiftF - Shield Slam
    ShiftG - Conc blow
    Shift H - Shield Wall
    ShiftR - Battle Shout
    ShiftT - Demo Shout
    ShiftY - Rend
    ShiftE - Execute Macro
    ShiftD - Revenge
    ShiftC - Intervene Macro
    ShiftX - Intercept Macro
    ShiftW - Interrupt Macro

mousewheel tilt right - bloodrage
    mosuewheel tilt left - mount
    mousewheel button 1 - commanding shout
    mousewheel button 2 - top trinket
    thumb mouse button - charge, intercept, intervene macro(on friendly)

F1 - target self
    F2 - open bags
    F3 - F12 - outfitter bindings to tank sets
    ` - vent ptt

Then I also use my numpad for 30 min cooldowns, chall shout, and intim shout.
    numpad7 - recklessness
    numpad4 - chall shout
    numpad1 - retaliation
    numpad8 - intim shout
    numpad3 - ranged attack

I have a G15 and pots petbar are the G buttons.

Theres more, but i dont want to list them all.

I've seen some nutty TPS using this setup, and tbh its just a matter of knowing what to press and when with what rage and what situation, yea knowing how to play basically.

Finding something that fits your ergonomics is always good.

When I dps some abilties get placed in different areas, but nothing majorly switched.

2-Shoot Bow
    3-Intervene
    4-Shield Slam
    5-Heroic Strike
    6-Sunder Armor
    Q-Bloodrage
    W-Strafe Left
    E-Move Forward
    R-Strafe Right
    T-Auto Run
    Y-Revenge
    A-Shield Block
    S-Move Left
    D-Move Backward
    F-Move Right
    G-Devistate
    H-Shield Wall
    Z-Taunt
    X-Shield Bash
    C-Last Stand
    V-Thunder Clap
    B-Spell Reflect

And that's it for my keybound abilities. I make sure every key is within easy reach of the fingers on my left hand (hence why I don't use the 1 key).

I don't use the shift key because I find it extremely awkward. I was taught to type by pressing the left shift key for the right half of the keyboard and the right shift key for the left half of the keyboard. In order to use the shift key naturally I'd either have to have abilities bound to keys on the right half of the board, or press the right shift key. Neither of these would work well, since my right hand is usually on my mouse, which I use for targeting, using unbound abilities, using consumables, and a number of other things.

I do not move with the mouse because I also find it awkward, you can't turn without moving forward if you use the mouse, which I don't like. I also strafe very very rarely so I don't have a reason to strafe with the mouse. I have my movement keys bound to E, S, D, F (rather than W, A, S, D) because it feels more natural.
    Last edited by Razor; 01-13-2008 at 11:24 PM.
    "SHUT UP AND LISTEN!"

1=Shield Slam, 2=Revenge, 3= Devastate, 4= Shield Block, 5=Heroic Strike

Shift-1=Shield Slam+Heroic Strike, Shift 2=Revenge+Heroic Strike, Shift-3=Devastate+Heroic Strike, Shift-4=Shield Block, Shift-W= Intervene, Shift-A=Taunt, Shift-Q= Trinket

Ctrl-1=Bloodrage, Ctrl-2=Thunderclap, Ctrl-3=Demo Shout, Ctrl-E= Last Stand, Ctrl-R=Shield Wall

Shift-Ctrl-1=Spell Reflect, Shift-Ctrl-2= Conc Blow

Shift and Control buttons are bound on mouse.

I use the macrod attacks with Heroic strike when I have excess rage, therefore keeping my hit rotation up without moving around too much during Combat.

I don't really have a rotation as much as a priority level.

On baby trash mobs that can't really hurt me I usually do Devastate spam with TC every cooldown. Cleave whenever I can and keep Demoralizing shout and Battle Shout up.

On real trash mobs, Shield Slam, Revenge, Devastate, Debuff (TC/DS)/Buff (CS)/Devastate. If there is one mob HS, 2+ Cleave, 3+ Cleave and TC a bit more. Shield Block when needed.

Bosses, Slam, Block/Revenge, Devastate, Devastate. By this time folks have usually started attempting to pull aggro off me. TC, DS and CS in place of the second Dev just enough to keep them up. HS whenever over 50 rage. I'm usually the only tank or for Kara I have a druid offtank usually. If I have another warrior who can do debuffs (something that hasn't actually happened yet) I'd have them do TC and DS.

I haven't kept tabs on trash but they usually stay on me until they are just about dead (which is when I stop careing about them). Bosses I've broken 1200 TPS on Omen using a Gladiator's Cleaver (Executioner). That's more then I've managed with my Sun Eater (no enchant yet though) maybe because I'm an orc or the enchant.

My keybinds are a bit strange since I recently pulled out my old n52 again.

The 3 buttons down the left (1, 6, 11) are CRTL, Tab, and Alt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2-5, with CTRL, with ALT
    Taunt/Mocking Blow, Challenging Shout, Bloody Fury (Orc Racial)
    Shield Bash/Pummel macro, Concussive Blow
    Overpower/Battle Stance Macro, Commanding Shout, Battle Shout
    Spell Reflect macro with weapons switch for 2 hander/dw/1h with shield

7-10, with CTRL, with ALT
    Shield Slam, Bloodrage, Hamstring/Disarm
    Devastate, Execute, Victory Rush
    Shield Block/Revenge macro.Defensive Stance, Revenge
    Heroic Strink, Cleave, Intelligent Shoot macro with fishing

12-14, with CTRL, with ALT
    Thunderclap/Whirlwind, Demoralizing Shout, Intimidating Shout
    Mobility Macro (Charge/Intercept/Intervene), Intelligent Mount macro
    Berzerker Rage macro/Berzerker Stance, Slam, Rend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently 15 (thumb button) is set to jump, the pad to movement (strafe, not turn). The scroll wheel isn't currently bound to anything, I was thinking possibly potions, LS, or my 30min timer macro. Potentionally I can bind up to 9 more items there. Maybe specility macros?

My mouse is only a 2 button plus scroll. I've left it with default binds except for the scroll wheel has Focus and Target Focus set to CRTL+ up and down. I've only been working with it a week with this setup so I'm still troubleshooting everything.

Another departure from more standard layouts is that every single one of the abilities is a macro. I could have used bartender and just made a ton of bars for each stance/CTRL/ALT but I was bored recently.

I tend to change keybinds and come to think of it UIs as well probably every month trying to get just that little bit extra.

-- EDIT

I forgot to mention, nearly every macro also starts me attacking, just in case.
    Last edited by Kashak; 01-14-2008 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Addition

+ Reply to Thread