+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Last Stand Macro.

Last Stand Macro.

I call this "The Last Stand" a custom one i made and have tested myself:

/use super healing potion
    /use nightmare seed
    /cast last stand

I tested this and got roughly a 7k boost in max hp. On top of that it heals you for around 6-8k (depending on pot proc.)

The macro effects will give you about 20-30 sec. of buff time and breathing room. When thats up use your Shield Wall and you get another 10-15 secs (depending on talent points) so all be told, both the macro and your Shield Wall will let you ride out a bad storm for 30-45 secs ... thats a huge amount time in a boss fight.

I have been playing with differnt combinations of pots, seeds, last stand, and shield wall to find the best one. And i think this macro finally offers the best way. Before i had the shield wall in the macro and found that taking 75% less damage on top of the buffs from the macro was over kill, you didnt really get the benifit from the macro. It was essentially a wasted heal/buff. Useing one and then the other really makes the most sense.

Explaination of macro contents: (this probably isnt needed but i thought i would throw it out there for new tanks)

Super Healing Potion
    - Heals you for 1500-2500

Nightmare Seed
    - Increases your max health by 2000 for 30 sec.
    - Also heals you for the 2k.

Last Stand
    - Temporairly grants you 30% of your max hp for 20 sec.
    - Also heals you for the 30% increase.

Note: It is important to get all your max hp buffs applied like the Nightmare Seed and Commanding Shout to get the most out of your last stand. Because the 30% is taken from your max hp right before you use it.

---Im wondering if anyone else has used somthing like this or had the same idea about effects on you while using your last stand?
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

/use Regal Protectorate
    /use Figurine of the Colossus

/use Figurine of the Colossus does'nt seem to work

Quote Originally Posted by uimiriel View Post
    /use Regal Protectorate
    /use Figurine of the Colossus

/use Figurine of the Colossus does'nt seem to work
    Check and see if the Figurine shares a cooldown with the Regal Protectorate or has a use cooldown(such as the duration of the Protectorate's ability). I found this to be the reason I couldn't pop my [item]Terokkar Tablet of Precision[/item] and [item]Abacus of Violent Odds[/item] at the same time. One would not fire while the other was active, I had to wait for one ability to wear off before I could pop the other trinket.

I find it easier to add the lines:

/use 13
    /use 14

13 is your top trinket spot, 14 the bottom.

Most of the time with BC trinkets, I have found that they will trigger a 10 second cooldown on other item uses. For instance I can't use two clicky trinkets at the same time, and I also cannot use one clicky trinket and [item]The Decapitator[/item] at the same time.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

+ Reply to Thread