Thread: Minimum amout to clear before Prince?

Minimum amout to clear before Prince?

Hey just hoping someone here would know the minimum amount of bosses that need be killed before opening the side door.

I've heard just Opera but I'm pretty sure a while ago I remember a group attempting this and having to go back and clear moro and hunts.

Cheers

yeah i think thats right.

we clear attumen and moroes then opera the off to curator via backdoor.

killing attumen stops spawns from door to him which is required i believe however is just smart anyways so you can go use repair guy from a wipe/rez.

Moroes i think is needed to activate the opera event however maiden is optional so it may be that it's just attumen and opera.....

Generally speaking however moroes is only 10 mins to get to from the stairwell by our timing and a 5 min fight and 2 badges so its cake. You dont need to kill the adds just moroes so CC 3 and kill one then moroes and run down the stairs once you have done that. Reset it with the boss dead = loot 8)

Maiden we dont particularly like so we skip it.

our normal timings run at 22Mins to engage attumen
    10 mins from attumen dead to clear to moroes.
    another 20 mins to clear and start opera
    opera is a 5-10 min fight then you run out via repair guy normally to the back door unless you go via the coin drop rooms. Back door is faster but the coin is pretty nice apparently.

the teleport up to shades room activates after you clear him so i guess the ultimate path would be

Attumen moroes opera curator shade chess (illhoof/spite/prince next)

The only required bosses to kill before Prince are Attumen, Moroes, Opera, Curator, and Shade of Aran. The rest are optional but not very hard to kill so it is up to you really how you do it. Side door is just the first 3 on the list.
    Last edited by Rinsterber; 12-17-2007 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Last sentence.

Do you have to kill aran?

Guild is halfway into SSC/TK, so kara trash is no problem, is it just the teleport he provides?

I dont know that he has to be killed but if you dont kill him then you have to deal with the respawns after curator and he is so easy there is really no point in skipping him.

Minimum to clear:

Moroes
    Opera (this enables side door)
    Curator
    Chess
    Prince

Side Bosses:
    Attuman - Enables access to repairs
    Maiden
    Aran - Enables teleport to his room
    Illhoof
    Netherspite
    Nightbane

You can head straight to Moroes from the entrance by heading up behind the doorman, Moroes is to the left at the top.
    Once Moroes is down, you can then proceed to the Opera event and proceed through the philanthropists. You could skip outside and open the side door from outside after clearing Opera, however each philanthropist is worth 10+g each; so well worth clearing.

After the side door, the Curator and Chess are the only events that will be directly in your path. Yes, Aran, Illhoof and Netherspite all control respawns for parts of the way up, but if you feel confident and have good wipe protection you could ignore them and go straight for prince.

I always get my group to kill Aran as the first boss after Curator as it prevents a lot of trash from needing to be cleared again, and allows for faster reforming after wipes on any bosses (if such a thing should happen ).

Attunemen's not required. We usually don't kill him and go all the way to prince. Moroes is required to get into opera and opera is required to get to curator.

I don't know if killing curator opens any doors. Maybe someone who's tried to skip him via suicide run/SS rez could tell ya. Aran's not required, either. Generally you can go moroes->opera->curator->prince

But if you wipe on prince you got to run all the way back - killing aran gives you the teleport to the library and gets rid of the trash repops.

Horgar is correct. Attumen is not required.

Moroes, Opera, Curator and then to Prince.

You can skip chess, but why would you?

cause i'm always disconnecting when using an ability as chess figure.
    Chess sucks.

btt: why bother with Aran if you want to farm Prince. Respawn is not an issue as you (hopefully) only go up once.

(reading&posting to improve in english as well as in tanking)

I think you need to do chess event because the door in that room is locked. Aran is not required but very good to have it dead: the amount of trash is stupid and it also provides the teleport.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Or if you like the badges you can clear as much as you want and make out like a bandit getting 22 badges from a complete clear, then get better gear from that anyways.

As for the question though, it is just Moroes, Opera, Curator, and Chess. I guess I have never really tried to skip Chess since it is so easy, and you can't really wipe anyways. The rest are just optional for sure.

Yeah the factor of doing a minimum is just the time factor, was hoping to clear it all in one night, and its really only prince we are after, badges can be gotten any old time, so are not exactly a priority.

A few peeps have had shocking luck getting t4 helms so making the run as quickly as possible helps rope others into help.

If you have no problem 1shotting prince so repops aren't an issue then skip aran. But if you wipe all that trash between aran and prince adds to the chance of repops after curator. Aran takes what, an extra 10 minutes since he's right on the way and there's no extra clearing to do for him.