+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tankingwep choice

Tankingwep choice

[item]The Unbreakable Will[/item] or [item]Mallet of the tides[/item]

For a NE warrior, i'm thinking keeping mallet around for those TPs fights has the expertise would be a clear winner imo for that but using the unbreakable for mitigation fights.

am i correct in thinking that 4 expertise( so - 1% dodge and parry) is a better tps boost then the 4 or 5 odd dps increase?

You're right, imo.

I have both and am also a Night Elf. I use mallet on trash/aggro fights with Executioner enchanted on it and Unbreakable Will on bosses where more effective health and mitigation is needed, it is enchanted with mongoose. Keep both around. Having multiple sets of gear is a good thing for warriors.

i've just taken the zul'jin axe and plan to use it over king's defender.
    Do you think that the human racial 5 expertise point loss, swapping from a sword to an axe, will significantly lower the higher dps and 15 stamina gain?
    I've also lost 0,3% hit and the Kd bonus armor.

thanks.

ps: sorry i dont know how to link items like thread opener did^^

I agree. [item]The Unbreakable Will[/item] does not only have higher DPS, it's faster. Even skiving off 0.1 seconds on your auto-attack will lead to higher TPS, as you'll be able to get off more Heroic Strikes. While [item]Mallet of the Tides[/item] will still provide more TPS in the end, [item]The Unbreakable Will[/item] has more mitigation, and makes for a more balanced tanking weapon.

They are very comparable, though, and there's really no point in switching to [item]The Unbreakable Will[/item] if you have [item]Mallet of the Tides[/item] already (unless you're a human, in which case [item]The Unbreakable Will[/item] is the ultimate tanking weapon).

I'd just wait until [item]The Brutalizer[/item] shows up.
    Last edited by Taelas; 01-04-2008 at 08:58 AM.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Quote Originally Posted by agonis View Post
    i've just taken the zul'jin axe and plan to use it over king's defender.
    Do you think that the human racial 5 expertise point loss, swapping from a sword to an axe, will significantly lower the higher dps and 15 stamina gain?
    I've also lost 0,3% hit and the Kd bonus armor.

thanks.

ps: sorry i dont know how to link items like thread opener did^^
    (Psst. [item]<itemname>[/item])

I wouldn't use the [item]Cleaver of the Unforgiving[/item] over [item]King's Defender[/item] as a human except on fights where I'd know threat is not an issue.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

+ Reply to Thread