+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T4 Legs Vs. Wrynn

T4 Legs Vs. Wrynn

Wrynn has more stamina but less avoidance, with wrynn already in my possession, is it a waste of dkp to go for the t4 pants? Remember that the Gruul shield and the T4 chest are on the same dkp pool.

I think the Wrynn dynasty are better, if not, so close it doesn't matter. In fact, if you really like the T4, you can even gem your Wrynn dynasty so they are almost identical in terms of stamina and avoidance.

Wrynn Dynasty > T4. No contest.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

No matter DKPs, Wrynn is better. Btw, check the new badge pants before start bidding on T5 pants ^_^

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Badge pants > all. ;p I have bad luck with tier sets.

Agreed, stay with the Wyrnn or save up for the badge reward legs, which I ended up getting anyways. Save the dkp for something else you can get.

Badge > Wyrm > T4

Just keep ur dkp for weapon/trinket or something like that.
    Don't try this @ home

I'm glad I didn't win the T4 legs the other day, then. I have about 60 badges and I'm heading to kara tomorrow.

Badge pants here I come.

How does the 4-piece set bonus figure in to the equation? Are the Wrynn Dynasty Greaves still superior? What about the badge reward pants?

I picked up the badge leggings and boy are they tasty; with the nethercleft armor, 2 solid stars, and the 15 stam amani gem from the ZA quest on there, they're good for +152 stamina or 1520 hps :P

The tier 4 set bonus procs a decent amount, but it is nothing that is really going to save your life, or at least something that I wouldn't count on, just the occasional free mitigation. I would still be going for the badge legs. You just can not complete against the amount of armor and stamina you can get with the badge legs, compared to a proc that absorbs 200 damage.

The set bonuses shouldn't enter the equation -- they are not that great.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Aye, you are right. I am currently trying to upgrade my gear, as I've been told my avoidance is to low. I'm currently combing these forums trying to determine how I calculate my overall avoidance (goal of 102.4% is what I've found so far) but am unsuccessful, as of yet. My guild is having problems with the Lynx boss in Zul'Aman and my avoidance has been cited as a possible reason. I disagree with that assessment vehemently, as I believe the healers running out of mana when Halazzi is at 45% health is the culprit....

As soon as the servers are up, I will purchase the BoJ pants....

My armory link is: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aka&n=Papaganu

although, grabbing t4 helm + t4 shoulders to get the set bonus is definitely nice ;P

but hands down wrynns > t4, the avoidance it gives is negligible compared to the hp you gain. and the badge legs are even better!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Papaganu View Post
    Aye, you are right. I am currently trying to upgrade my gear, as I've been told my avoidance is to low. I'm currently combing these forums trying to determine how I calculate my overall avoidance (goal of 102.4% is what I've found so far) but am unsuccessful, as of yet. My guild is having problems with the Lynx boss in Zul'Aman and my avoidance has been cited as a possible reason. I disagree with that assessment vehemently, as I believe the healers running out of mana when Halazzi is at 45% health is the culprit....

As soon as the servers are up, I will purchase the BoJ pants....

My armory link is: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aka&n=Papaganu
    The 102.4% is for an uncrushable set, which there is no crushing hits in ZA so that would not be an issue. You dodge and parry seem right up to par. You gear looks good for where you are. Just from what I see and what it sounds like, there is more issues somewhere else. You do not need a super high dodge/parry % to be successful, and with the armor and health you have, you should be fine. If you were to change all your gems to get the most avoidance possible you would be lowering your health a bit and you would still be getting hit for the same damage that you were before, just maybe few less times. As you sit you should be around 50% complete avoidance with dodge parry and miss. I would look into healing or dps.

If you want to get T4 2 piece bonus which is only for the coolness factor to me, get T4 head and T4 shoulders, both solid pieces on their own and arguably close to the best for that progression level.

That's what I plan to do, if only I could win those bloody shoulders from those pesky priests and druids. -.-

The other pieces have much better alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordigen View Post
    The 102.4% is for an uncrushable set, which there is no crushing hits in ZA so that would not be an issue. You dodge and parry seem right up to par. You gear looks good for where you are. Just from what I see and what it sounds like, there is more issues somewhere else. You do not need a super high dodge/parry % to be successful, and with the armor and health you have, you should be fine. If you were to change all your gems to get the most avoidance possible you would be lowering your health a bit and you would still be getting hit for the same damage that you were before, just maybe few less times. As you sit you should be around 50% complete avoidance with dodge parry and miss. I would look into healing or dps.
    Only 2 bosses don't crush.

My error, I by now means come close to clearing ZA only having downed two of the bosses, but when we wipe is usually cause we are slow on dps, or lose to many people from some ability whoever we are fighting has. My gear is only kara and badge gear, and the main point I am trying to make is, with the gear he has, the tanking should not be the issue as long as he is holding aggro. Yes better gear will make things easier, but it should still be doable with what he has.

Well, in an effort to collect some BoJ, my guild went in and downed 7 bosses in kara pretty quickly. As you can see from my armory link (above) I am now the proud owner of the badge legs (soon to have the +40 stamina+12 agility armor kit tonight). My next question is what to replace next. I'm eyeing that BoJ belt pretty hard, but not sure that's the right move for me. I catch a lot of shit for my "Smurf helm," perhaps I should get the BoJ helm or stop passing on the T4 helm?

Anyway, instead of working all day yesterday, I combed these forums and feel better prepared to lead a raid into ZA on Wednesday and crack the whip on my DPS to get Halazzi pushing up daisies.... Holding aggro on Halazzi is NOT an issue, so (correct me if I'm wrong) it's just a race for the DPS to down him before the healers run outta mana? What does your guild do as far as healing assignments for Halazzi?

+ Reply to Thread