Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need help with nightbane

need help with nightbane

hey any know what the best stats for a protect warr are in this fight ei parry/dodge/block
    we can rock all other kara bosses but have a tuff time with this one thanks

I run less parry/dodge/block now then when I started kara and have no issues with NB. I take it from your post that you are losing the tank? Do you have 3 healers? What are they doing when the tank dies?

Just need enough health to survive the burst damage that he does. The tank should be keeping up SB and should be avoiding getting feared by stance dancing. You also may need to move out of the void zones or whatever they are called if they happen under the tank.

yes

we have 3 welled geared healers whats a good number of health for the warr
    i think he has 13000 unbuffed and sd he couldnt get the macro 2 work so i quess thats his stuipd lol i mean mine :P

13000 is a bit on the low side for NB, but perhaps you have good buffs, warlock pet, fort, MotW.

Not stance dancing the fears is huge. When you are running around feared you aren't avoiding at all. Your melee is also taking damage since the dragon is uncontrolled and they can't be either in front or behind him without getting hit.

Maybe some fear ward and/or tremor totems to help you out but really all the fun in that fight is from the stance dancing.

kewl

ya we have 3 holy preists and 1 shadow so ya they thro up fear ward in order but im getting 2 shoted sometimes so ya need more stam and my avoidance isnt that great maybee thats my problem thanks

The best setup for kara in regards to healers is using 3 different classes of healers. Paladin/shaman/druid/priest. 3 priests is kinda hard to pull off when you're learning nightbane. You can also assign healers, one only puts hots on you and heals the raid, the other spams flash heals/hots, the last one uses the big heals. 13k health on nightbane is low tho, not with all the badge gear floating around.

/cast [nostance:3] Berserker Stance
    /cast [stance:3] Berserker Rage
    /cast [stance:3] Defensive Stance

Have him spam that until he goes back to defensive stance. It isn't a 1 button press, but rather 2-3.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I stack up with stamina for NB, Buffed and potted i hit around 20k hp.

We killed prince this week after 2 months and 2 days of 3 nights a week raiding, our guild is not classed as a well kitted guild yet.

Are you maintaning thunderclap on him? demo shout? keepng up shield block?

And yeah, check out the stance dance macros on this site and enable the enemy cast bar, soon as u see bellowing roar (I think) spam the macro button.

i dont find NB unusual just in terms of tanking the damage. if you can handle prince phase 2 you have everything you need, imp def stance helps a little with the burst fire damage but not enough to notice. if tanks die on nightbane i find its because healers are having mana issues and cant handle burst damage neatly towards the end. but they need to coordinate that between themselves or DPS needs to shorten the fight. Prince is when tanks first need to learn the importance of handling burst damage, and NB is when healers first need to learn a coordinated mana conservation strategy.

When I was first learning Nightbane, one of the things I did to help with the damage was to use an Ironshield Potion at the start of each ground phase. This really helps with the burst damage. Make sure to have all your shouts and thunderclap up at all times and do your best to get initial aggro after each air phase. I try and start the transition with a shield bash using my auto-blocker trinket to get solid initial threat. Having a hunter misdirect on the transitions as well as having the healers minimize healing just prior to him landing also helps.

Good luck!

thanks

hey thanks for the repleys and advice awsome site next post will be with a picture of nights head

ya we have 3 holy preists and 1 shadow so ya they thro up fear ward in order but im getting 2 shoted sometimes so ya need more stam and my avoidance isnt that great maybee thats my problem thanks
    Run recap, clear it out before the fight and after look at how many crushing blows you let slip through. If you're getting 2-shotted odds are at least one of those is a crush. Or your healers are doing a horrible job keeping you topped off (which doesn't really count as a 2shot). If you keep shield block up and thunderclap I don't think you should ever get crushed. As he's flyin in it's a good idea to hit bloodrage and then right before he starts attacking hit shield block so no crushes to start out. You will save yourself a lot of healing threat so it's worth the loss of bloodrage/ss threat to me. I tanked him with 15k armor 13k health unbuffed ~40% parry/dodge/miss. The only time healers had issues was the first few times I tried him and let a bunch of crushes in. Shield block is your #1 priority.

Avoiding the fear doesn't require a macro. Hover your mouse over the zerker stance button and use keyboard for most of your attacking.. or if you're a clicker you hover one hand over macro or zerker stance button otherwise you gota be damn fast with your mouse. There's enough cast time where if you're paying close attention you will never get feared. You don't have to get zerker rage off in time you just got to get to zerker stance - the zerker rage will break fear.

Communication between you and your healers is essential, as sometimes you might run out of range when he lands and if your healers get feared you need to know, for if your health is low you'll need to take steps to survive until they are back in place.

With three priests I'd fearward a priest constantly, tho with three priests I wouldnt like to try keep them alive during his air phase, we usually get the pally to take the most damage.

Also, conserve rage during the air phase so you can get shield block, thunderclap and shield slam up as soon as possible when he lands.

Btw dieing mid-phase, at the beginning, during fears? Are your healers split so that charred earth doesn't mean they all have to move?
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

If you get fearward everytime you are set there. We usually have all the ranged split up into 2 even groups, both on the same side of nightbane, but one on the tower side next to the wall, and one on the ledge side. If one group takes a charred earth they run to the other group till it disappears and we usually don't have a problem if everyone is paying attention. There is not much to the fight if you can avoid the fears tanking wise other than making sure to pick him up when he lands and shield block every cooldown. You raid has to be aware of where they are standing since he does a cleave and tail swipe, so they have to stand in the nice join directly in the middle plus the charred earth can fall near melee too. I have even had charred earth on myself before and had to shift a little. If people stay aware and alive, all goes well.

Hmm some didn't read the last patchnote ..

Fear don't cause loosing aggro.

I do NB ( or my off tank) without any fearward ( or grouding totem ), and we are doing NB very easy.
    Don't try this @ home

If you are getting 1 and 2 shotted at the beginning, I have to ask if you are starting your rotation with shield block? I am also just learning the Nightbane fight and found this to be a good practice to allow the healers to get into a good rotation healing me. The initial burst NB does when he lands each time is when he is most dangerous and its critical to give your healers a chance to get into there cycle.

Hmm some didn't read the last patchnote ..

Fear don't cause loosing aggro.
    No but if you go running away from him towards your healers they are prone to breath while you take crushing blows from behind, and if anyoens behind him they get tailswiped in the face. Fear ward isn't necessary if you can hit your macro and get zerker stance off before the fear, though. Just make sure you hit shield block before that so it's up during the stance dance.

Healers should be able to out-range the fear so fear warding a healer isn't strictly necessary.

I use DBM. It says exactly when a fear can be used. Not necesarily when it will be used but at least you can be expecting it. The only time you will not know when it is roughly coming is the first one as it is not on the timer. Shield block should be up at all times. When NB does his bellowing roar it has like a 2sec to 2.5 sec cast bar. This is ample time to swicth stance and pop bezerker rage and switch back. When DBM counts down the "fear" timer just be ready to stance dance - keep your eye on NB cast bar. I don't use any macros and it isn't a problem. Fear happens roughly ever 30 secs (just the same time as your beserker rage cooldown).

Don't move if you find yourself under charred earth. The group and healers have to move to accomodate you. Healers can easily heal you through this. If you move it causes to much hassle with the risk of tail swipes etc.

If your looking for a potion for kara and all ready meet kara gear requirements use the chormatic flask of wonder the stat bonus with the extra resist is a great help on most every boss and if you do die you don't have to re-pot. Lastly i would suggest the same as above try to mix up the healers a bit i prefer druid for hots priest for light heals and hots and pallies for the big bar filling heals but hey that is just me. If you are 13k unbuffed and all ready have most other kara gear look at how it is socketed and what enchants you have for ideas check the gear list on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    /cast [nostance:3] Berserker Stance
    /cast [stance:3] Berserker Rage
    /cast [stance:3] Defensive Stance

Have him spam that until he goes back to defensive stance. It isn't a 1 button press, but rather 2-3.
    Something people sometimes forget to tell you: If you have this macro on your #1 bar in defensive stance, you need to have it in the *same* place on your zerker stance bar too. Otherwise, it won't be there halfway through the macro.

It's rather embarassing to intercept instead of zerker rage. *blush*

The other key is to remember that you have to press the button 2-3 times. One hit won't do it.

And while fear will no longer cause you to lose aggro, it causes you to get hit from behind, and dead tanks can't hold aggro.