Thread: [ZA] Jan'Alai dragonhawk spawn rate

[ZA] Jan'Alai dragonhawk spawn rate

Hi Folks,

I can't seem to find in the internet the correct information about the "spawn" rate of the eggs/dragonhawks in the Jan'Alai encounter.

I need to know what is the right understanding. I couldn't see this in a video, my guildmates are confused, information in the internet is mixed.

What I know: 20 eggs each side.

Please correct the following:

Question 1: Each egg equals one dragonhawk?
    Or... if I let 15 adds appear, will 15 eggs disappear from the platform?

Which is the correct spawn rate?
    As the Hatcher start to 'break' eggs, how many adds appear? (he doesn't really break any egg, you see the eggs despawning and dragonhawks spawning), if the animation was perfect we would have no doubt

Options:
    - 1/2/3/4 progression (+1 linear)
    - 1/3/5/7 progression (+2 linerar)
    - 1/2/4/8 progression (*2 exponential)
    - Other?

Also, at 35%, what is the spawn rate of adds/egg?
    I've seen people say 2 dragonhawks per egg when he reaches 25%, others stay with 1 dragonhawk per add.

Please help I've done the encounter 20 times already. Our guild is 4/6 ZA and we can down bear/eagle/lynx quite easily, but not Jan'Alai, and I think we are using a bad strategy. When we killed him we let 3 pops in one side, 2 on other, but reading in the internet made me reevaluate this at it seems sub-optimal for our current gear level. If there is a 1-to-1 ratio on egg/dragonhawk then killing one add and letting the other pop 4 times seems better as it gives more control, less spreading, and so on. Not sure, just researching.

Any help/advice is much appreciated
    Thanks,
    GB

At first we had 6 eggs hatch each side each time, and DPSed him down inbetween.

Then we started killing one hatcher and letting him pop one whole side, then pop the other side three pops at a time.

From my understanding each egg will hatch one dragon and the hatchers will have 1 additional egg each pop - 1 egg - 2 egg - 3 egg etc

1.hatch = 1 add
    2.hatch = 3 adds
    3.hatch = 5 adds
    dunno but 4.hatch should be around ~7 adds?

hm, just realised it seems to be +2 adds for each hatch, so 7 should be correct. btw we always let them hatch 3 times. 1.adds should be down when the last 5 spawns so that would be 8 adds at a time.

The spawn rate is 1 then 2 then 3 then 4, we always allow 4 hatching cycles and always end up with 10 hawks. Im always the tank responsible for trying to control the adds and keep a careful count on the eggs.

above posters correct. it is 1,2,3,4... and the eggs disappear at the rate of dragonhawks spawning. so if you were to let one hatcher hatch 4 times for 10 eggs/hawks, you would clear all the eggs in 4 hatcher rotations. 35% hatches one hawk per egg.