+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macro that casts autoattack when rage deficient

Macro that casts autoattack when rage deficient

Anyone have a macro that determines if you have enough rage to cast the ability? More specifically, I need a macro that will cast heroic strike or shield slam or devastate, but if rage is deficient, will start (or at least continue) a white attack.

I dropped the autoattack button from my bar a long time ago, and have historically just right-clicked the mob to autoattack. Standard pull strategy, i.e. mark targets, shoot, bloodrage, rightclick, then SS or devastate. On some multimob pulls, I'd rightclick the main mob and have a thunderclap and cleave ready.

Now that I'm in Kara, I occasionally find I'm not autoattacking even though I have a mob targeted. This occurs occasiionally on a 2-4 mob pull, but more often on the massive trash pulls - TC, cleave, DPS nukes and the target goes down, tab to next target, but my autoattack does not start and I have no rage to cast devastate/SS/cleave. Trying to right-click a specific mob in the middle of the 10-man group can be problematic. Is a macro appropriate, or should I be trying sommething else?

/startattack

Added to any macro will start normal attacks on it

so devastate macro would be

/startattack
    /cast devastate

Is it that simple? I have to admit to having no understanding of macros......

Yes, it's that simple.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

+ Reply to Thread