Thread: Tank-Gear for Kael

Tank-Gear for Kael

My guild will be going into the last stage of TK soon (meaning Kael fight is imminent ) so I just wanted to clarify on this one.

Fire resistance necessary / desirable or not? Giudes that I read were unclear about this.

Thanks a lot

You don't need fire resistance. I don't remember any guild using fire resistance on Kael's MT and I guess is not desirable: even at full capped resistance, you still have a 25% of eating the entire damage of the spell. Having full resistances would probably lower ur HP pool and eating a full damage pyroblast=dead.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

I once saw this movie guide on warcraftmovies.com: Tactical Guide - Kael'thas Sunstrider by Tamzin By Tamzin

It is really good I think. But I'm not sure if your points are clearified there.

Max your stamina for this fight. You need to have the hp pool to survive a ~23k pyroblast.
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3012/paum1rp8.jpg

"As fish go, the naga on the loading screen is pretty hot." - Ciderhelm

My guild will also be attempting this encounter in a few weeks, and I was wondering about the phoenix tank? Does the phoenix tank need FR?

We don't tank them. Just use a hunter to kite around while the rest dps it. Make sure the phoenixes are slowed all the time (concussive, frostbolt, mindfly, exhaustion, etc...)

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

If you tank them, FR is advisable but not needed.

Kiting them is better, that's what i usually do, with teh grand total of 70 FR from my aura.
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

Ok, I guess we'll try kiting them then. Thanks for the advice

Note that if you don't have a proper kiter (Elem shamans, prot paladin, decent huntard) it's probably not worth kiting them and you could have someone tank them.
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

We tank them to ensure an ideal spot for the egg spawn, but our tank(s) don't use fire resist for them. With the mace heal buff, the damage they take is quite manageable.

Yeah, get over like 21 or 22k hp (you need pretty much every single buff, improved fort, improved blood pact, kings, flask of fortification, spicy crawdad, etc) and if necessary put stam gems in your gear sockets. Also I recommend using at least 1 stam trinket, a 2nd if you can't bridge the gap.

If your dps can interrupt the 2nd pyroblast then you're good to go, but if you have to eat the 2nd then take one of these consumables going into it:
    Nightmare Seed - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=22797
    Major Fire Protection Potion - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=22841
    My Armory (May be in PvP Gear)

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.