+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taunt Macro

Taunt Macro

I'm looking for a all in one taunt macro, I hope it can be done.

I'm not too good with macros, but I was trying something like this:

#showtooltip [equipped:Shields] Taunt; Mocking Blow
    /cast [stance: 1/3,noequipped:Shields], [nostance: 2] Battle Stance; [stance: 1/3,equipped:Shields], [nostance: 1] Defensive Stance; [stance: 2] Defensive Stance, Taunt, Mocking Blow

It doesn't work. lol This is what I want to happen: In Defensive with or w/o a shield, use Taunt. In Battle, Mocking Blow unless I have a sheild, then change to Def stance and Taunt. If in Berserk, chance to Mock or Taunt based on if a shield is equipped.
    I may have my stance numbers wrong in the macro, but even when it was different, it still didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Try this...

#showtooltip [equipped:Shields] Taunt; Mocking Blow
    /cast [stance:2] Taunt; [nostance:2] Defensive Stance, Taunt; [stance:1/3,noequipped:Shields] Battle Stance, Mocking Blow

Disclaimer: I haven't tested it, but I think it'll work. I could be horribly wrong tho.

Allow me.

#showtooltip [equipped:Shields] Taunt; [stance:2] Taunt; Mocking Blow
    /cast [stance:2] Taunt; [stance:1/3,equipped:Shields] Defensive Stance; [stance:1] Mocking Blow; [stance:3] Battle Stance

I believe that should do the trick, though I haven't tested it. You'll need to hit it several times, there's no helping this.

The logic is the following: A.) In Defensive Stance (stance 2), cast Taunt. B.) When in either Battle or Berserker (stance 1 and 3 respectively) and you have equipped a shield, cast Defensive Stance (whereafter the macro will go to A on the next hit). C.) When in Battle Stance, cast Mocking Blow. D.) When in Berserker Stance, cast Battle Stance (whereafter it will go to C on the next hit). Due to B being prior to C and D, it should recognize the shield first and ignore the rest of the macro.

Radhja's will not work (you can't queue casts with /cast; you need to use /castsequence for that).

EDIT: Just tested it, and it seems to work fine.
    Last edited by Taelas; 12-03-2007 at 08:03 AM.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Thanks for replying guys!

Norrath, the macro works great!

Oh well. I tried.

Not too up-to-date on the specifics of macro-making, but I understand the command language well enough to get by with a modicum of in-game testing.

WTB more Macro slots. :P

+ Reply to Thread