+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So the guild is going to Down Vashj....

So the guild is going to Down Vashj....

I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed before I did a little searching before I posted this thread.

With Vashj going down naturally I check out the loot and notice T5 helm drops, I check out the stats and notice that its really not an upgrade from T4, You lose stam SBV and block rating in exchange for avoidance, To me I see that as not an upgrade at the least. My question is, Am I wrong in thinking this?

S3 helm looks pretty hot IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeigus View Post
    I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed before I did a little searching before I posted this thread.

With Vashj going down naturally I check out the loot and notice T5 helm drops, I check out the stats and notice that its really not an upgrade from T4, You lose stam SBV and block rating in exchange for avoidance, To me I see that as not an upgrade at the least. My question is, Am I wrong in thinking this?
    Yes, get a ZG enchant on it, put stam gems in it, get more t5. The whole set is an upgrade. You're mildly overrating EH.

Bump for more suggestions.

For T5 content, BV is still a pretty good stat, since the mobs don't hit that hard. Once you get into T6, BV becomes less relevant, as dodging that 7k hit is more important than taking a couple dozen less damage. You want to beak up the damage spikes. IMO, T5 hat is the hat you'll use for most hard hitting progression bosses, even over T6.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeigus View Post

The Tier 5 definitely trumps the Tier 4 in my mind. The reasoning is as such.

1. Stamina alone is not a fair measure. We have to also take into account armor. (+150 armor for T5)
    2. SBV as Kavtor says loses value as mobs hit harder and while shouldn't be ignored as a mitigation stat, it should be for the most part considered only a threat stat.
    3. Block Rating is a pointless stat and should be associated zero value when comparing gear as it's only practical use is in creating a Passive Uncrushable set. (which you wouldn't use the Tier 4 helm for anyway)

So basically you have a slight threat loss with a massive avoidance gain making Tier 5 leagues ahead.

Now a more interesting comparison would be [item]Battleworn Tuskguard[/item] vs Tier 5. (a comparison that Tier 5 may still win...)

+ Reply to Thread