+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crafted Items/Slow OH Questions

Crafted Items/Slow OH Questions

From my limited experience as raiding on my warrior (main is a resto druid 5/5 hyjal 6/9 BT) what would be the best step to take? As my warrior has been mostly an alt I bumbled around on him and crafted Thunder, have the planar edge chilling in my bank, and wear my trusty bulwark of kings for DPSing. Am I best off continuing to wear my bulwark and eventually upgrade it to ancient - or will I find a replacement in SSC/TK, or will one of the t3 BSing weapons be a bigger asset to me? I've been considering upgrading my planar edge for quite some time and tossing executioner on it, but haven't been able to commit not knowing.

I don't think getting 2 vortexes for my chest upgrade will be *that* difficult (maybe a few weeks but nothing huge - theres a bit of a list for them but you know how it goes).

I suppose it would be wise to put what I'm currently using/have available: MH: Spiteblade(mongoose - waiting for a better MH for exec) OH: Merc Glad's Hacker (mongoose). In the bank I have a planar edge (not using due to Bulwark of Kings), a Fool's Bane (most likely candidate atm for OH a slow weapon - feedback on this?) the Big Bad Wolf's Paw (not really impressed by this thing, but I have it laying around). I'm aiming at a Vengeful MH in the near(ish) future, but wouldn't like to rely upon that for the time being.

I think macecrafting has the best potential for longevity and versatility if you have kings defender or better. Deep thunder the T3 offer one of the best pvp weaps (lower dps but since its .2 slower it's got the same damage range as the S3 weaps). The 1h mace line with its haste rating and slow attack is very good for any fury/dw set.

If you're going to be prot all the way and don't care about optimal dps or pvp then swordcraft is good. Decent tank weapon to upgrade and it doubles as an off hand dps weapon.

I'm all about DPS - I forgot to mention that I am a fury warrior, and will most likely be for quite some time. I was fury extensively preBC and had little problems - MH my HoSB/Castigator /OH my TF, however now with all the options available in BC, I'm not really sure where to go. On certain fights is it more beneficial to me to use a slow OH? (Thinking VR where I'm taking pound damage), or am I better off using my merc OH with its 1.5 speed rating?

I'm basically aiming for the highest DPS possible.

From everything I've read for raw DPS *potential* 2 slow is best. This gives more flurry charges to the MH and makes your WW hit harder. Of course if you get enough crit and flurry is pretty much all the time I don't think it matters that much. The diff in WW dmg is pretty small over the long haul.

If you seem to see big rage spikes and valleys of starvation where cooldowns are up but you can't use them then you might need a faster OH for more consistant rage.

+ Reply to Thread