+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I hate School...*vent**NSFW language*

I hate School...*vent**NSFW language*

So I'm enrolled in this class. CS 3606, Applied Logic for Hardware and Software. It's basically a bunch of discrete mathematics for software systems and hardware I/O. It's quite difficult. You would think that with a title like "Logic" it wouldn't be so bad, but unfortunately for me it is.

All semester I've barely been scraping by. I got a 69% on the first exam, been doing at least passing grades on the homework (which take me, on average, about 10 hours a week to complete). Spoke with the professor about halfway through the semester and he said "Everyone fails this class, it's just one of those things that happens. The class will be curved, it'll be fine".

Stupid fucking me believe my professor -.- I got my second exam grade back and I got a 41%, therein plummeting me to an unrecoverable average. I can't go in and speak with him until tomorrow afternoon during his office hours. You can believe that i'll be in there begging for mercy. Even if I can just get a withdraw from the class so I don't have to take the failing grade, I'll retake the class again next semester.

Bahhhhhhh im so upset, what a waste of my semester.

There ARE classes like this everywhere... your 41% may have been one of the highest grades in your class for all you know. Some professors prefer the method of evaluation where they test you on EVERYTHING and don't expect you to know it all. Sometimes knowing half of the material is all they could ask of anyone.

Don't stress... wait til your talk with him tomorrow. You may very well not be doing poorly at all.

Best of luck!

+ Reply to Thread