+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So, I need a UI. Quick.

So, I need a UI. Quick.

Actually I just need some help finding Omen and installing Wowace and/or whatever else is smart.

This is somewhat embarassing but I haven't updated my UI a single time since I took the break last February. Everything has worked fine.

WowAceUpdater

Should be the link for the wowace updater. Which you can download Omen, Threat 1.0 and a variety of other mods as well as use to keep them updated which is crucial considering Omen is updated like every two days.

http://files.wowace.com/Omen/Omen-r55025.12.zip (found via files.wowace.com) is the latest build of Omen. If you're looking for an updater, I recommend WowAceUpdater 2 if you have java.

... it's really this easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    ... it's really this easy?

If you are a fan of wowace mods or don't mind switching to a few of them instead of the other options (ie taking Fubar over titan or bigwigs over DBM) then yeah. It is freakishly easy. I've switched all my addons to wowace only, just for ease of use and on average frequency of staying updated in con junction with patchs.

I don't have a normal UnitFrames mod anymore. What's a good one these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I don't have a normal UnitFrames mod anymore. What's a good one these days?
    xperl is what 75% of my guild uses and is a wowace addon

I couldn't tell you much about it though lol ><

xperl is a great choice. Most will tell you pitbull is better. They are no doubt right, but pitbull is more for someone who wants to customise everything and is prepared to take the time necessary to do that. If I ever got that time I'd switch too. Until then xperl works great.

Pitbull's also a bit lighter on resources, I think.

I use Xperl on most of my characters, due to the lack of need to configure it. I use Pitbull on my Warrior, because I can easily turn all the bars into very minimalist, HP-only bars.

I Use AG unit frames and I was suprised how easy it was to set up. I'm told its alot like Pitbull although I've never used Pitbull

ag_unitframes | World of Warcraft @ Curse <~~~AG

I'm fully updated now!

DBM is considerably better than Bigwigs. The only advantage Bigwigs has is that it's in the Ace updater. Then again, DBM doesn't require frequent updates.

I personally dislike Pitbull and Xperl both because they are huge resource hogs. Then again, I am in a position to write unit frames that do exactly what I want them to do =) (99&#37; of the world hate my unit frames because there are no bars, and no pictures)

Pitbull actually isn't bad at all, if you disable most of the extras. I have no unit frames, just a solid bar for health with a name next to it, plus a small mana bar, and no frills (apart from a range checker), with most of the modules shut down. It's not too bad, though it's a lot of configuration for something about as compact as Grid.

On the other hand, I'm on a laptop for the next few weeks, and it's got plenty of memory, so screen space is more of a premium than using up resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    DBM is considerably better than Bigwigs. The only advantage Bigwigs has is that it's in the Ace updater. Then again, DBM doesn't require frequent updates.

I personally dislike Pitbull and Xperl both because they are huge resource hogs. Then again, I am in a position to write unit frames that do exactly what I want them to do =) (99&#37; of the world hate my unit frames because there are no bars, and no pictures)
    Afaik DBM devs stopped playing and wasn't getting enough updates... Have that changed? Or I am mistaking with another addon? :S

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Afaik DBM devs stopped playing and wasn't getting enough updates... Have that changed? Or I am mistaking with another addon? :S
    I guess you mix that up with the good old Discord Family (DUF,DAB etc.)...they stopped the support & developement ages ago...

DBM (Deadly Boss Mods) is the replacement of LaVendetta BossMods and they get frequently updatet.

Deadly Boss Mods :: A World of Warcraft AddOn

I do prefer DBM over bigwigs, cause of its modular design...you can deactivate & load all BM´s on demand, which makes it not that resource intensive like some People say. All Boss Mods are single modules and you can exchange,update & remove them seperately.

Also i really recommend the Ace Updater - espacially after Patchdays you just have to hit the Update Button and youre done. (if youre using mostly ace-based addons, which i recommend aswell *g*)

regards - Wrath (the Ace-fanboi )

I mistook them with KTM and Omen. I heard that KTM wasn't getting enough updates or something. Could that be?

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Nevertheless DBM isn't really as close to the top of the progression as big wigs is (who have supporter from several top 10 guilds who feed them with combat logs and the like). I like BW better then DBM to be honest. Especially since I don't need a PVP mod when raiding

+ Reply to Thread