+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brooch of Deftness

Brooch of Deftness

So right now I'm contemplating on buying the Brooch of Deftness. Here's what I use, and a comparison:

Steam-Hinge Chain of Valor
    Binds when picked up
    Neck
    +26 Stamina
    Requires Level 68
    Equip: Increases your shield block rating by 19 (2.69% @ L68).
    Equip: Increases the block value of your shield by 29.

Brooch of Deftness
    Binds when picked up
    Neck
    +48 Stamina
    Requires Level 70
    Equip: Improves hit rating by 22 (1.4% @ L70).
    Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 21 (5 @ L70).

Obviously I'm not going to lose any Defense, so I'm not worried about dropping below my cap. So I'm gaining 22 Stamina, but losing a little block rating (not too worried about that as my guild is just starting Kara), and some block value. I think my base block value with the steam-hinge is currently 350.

The main question for me, is should I save my badges for some of the new tanking items before going for this neck, or would this neck really help out with gaining threat? I'm sitting at 35 badges exactly right now.

Thanks ahead of time.

Block rating is a weak stat that you won't need to worry about utilizing until you need to make a passive uncrushable set. (this is a long, long way down the road) The Block Value loss may make your Shield Slams look less pretty, but 21 Expertise offers a far greater threat increase.

This is a massive upgrade for you and I definitely recommend you get it immediately given your current neckpiece.

Cyp:
    I picked this up from Maiden's necklace. There has been a noticeable chance in my TPS since then, and I would highly reccomend it.

(It helped that I picked up the tanking lollypop at roughly the same time though ^_-)
    This is my signature.

70 Badges of Justice for [item]Brooch of Deftness[/item] and [item]Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx[/item]is the best tanking investment you can make.

I bought one and plan on using it over even [item]Pendant of Titans[/item] in a lot of situations.

I'm pretty sure it's a huge upgrade over the chain, and a very sensible allocation of heroic badges.

+ Reply to Thread