+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does HS gain dmg from Shieldbash on bosses?

Does HS gain dmg from Shieldbash on bosses?

Daze is an odd mechanic so I thought I'd post to double check if anyone has seen for sure from testing whether or not raid bosses receive more HS damage for 6 seconds after a shield bash. I don't see the daze buff sticking so I'm assuming no. Anyone who has bothered to get hard evidence one way or the other?

While I'm on the topic is the bonus damage from HS mitigated by mobs? I'm just playing around with numbers and trying to max my TPS. If HS got the bonus damage on a mob (and I hit it every time) I would gain about 50TPS for that 6 seconds from what I can tell (62*.9*1.45/1.6)for def stance dmg reduction then bonus threat divided by weapon speed... but that doesn't add any mitigation other than the 10% reduction by def stance.

I've searched around, and the basic conclusion I've come to is "no" since most raid bosses are immune to daze and normally there's not any sort of hidden debuff sticking.

I don't have an answer right now, but I do know if your numbers are correct 6 sec x 50 threat < Devastate so it would be a waste of a global cooldown based upon your numbers.

Well it would be 50TPS plus the threat gained from shield bash. 230 innate threat, plus ~ 55 dmg (after def stance reduction) so 285 plus 50TPS should come out to better than devastate for one GCD round. But if I'm not getting the bonus damage on HS it's definitely inferior to devastate.

The difference being that your heroic isnt on your GCD so you have no reason to not use it when you have rage. Also if you are talking about getting the bonus damage because the target gets dazed from shield bash? The answer is yes you do get the bonus.

The difference being that your heroic isnt on your GCD so you have no reason to not use it when you have rage. Also if you are talking about getting the bonus damage because the target gets dazed from shield bash? The answer is yes you do get the bonus.
    The difference between what? The situation is I use HS+devastate or HS+shieldbash.

And the question is do I get the bonus on raid bosses, too, not do I get the bonus on dazed targets. Most raid bosses are immune to the daze debuff but I did not know if that was just because they are immune to snare and somehow the bonus dmg portion might be applicable. So far from what I've read it's not. In which case using shieldbash on a boss that isn't interuptable is worthless over devastate.

+ Reply to Thread