+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Helm/ Shoulder Enchant: Heavy Clefthide Armor

New Helm/Shoulder Enchant: Heavy Knothide ArmorKit

For those who don't know, the Heavy KNOTHIDE Armor Kit (+10 sta) can be put on Helm's and Shoulder's.

What does everyone think about this? Is this enchant/ armor kit something that should be considered to replace the currently available glyphs from KoT and Aldor/ Scryer?
    Last edited by HarounZehra; 11-15-2007 at 12:32 PM.

ZG has a superior helm enchant.
    Naxx has a superior shoulder enchant. (I admit this one is a little unreasonable)

Hmmm I think it's gonna beat Scryer shoulder enchant for sure. For head I (and most tanks) currently use ZG enchant which is far superior to both KoT or the new armor kit.
    What is nice for sure is that is a very cheap addition for bracers (was pretty nasty spent like 100g in 12 stamina enchant) and 22 HP increase in the gloves enchant.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    What is nice for sure is that is a very cheap addition for bracers (was pretty nasty spent like 100g in 12 stamina enchant) and 22 HP increase in the gloves enchant.
    I don't know which enchants you're referencing here. Can you provide some more information?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Hmmm I think it's gonna beat Scryer shoulder enchant for sure. For head I (and most tanks) currently use ZG enchant which is far superior to both KoT or the new armor kit.
    I disagree. Scryer shoulder enchant gives 15 defense rating and 10 dodge rating. As vital as EH is, trading that off for a mere 10 stamina is a bad decision.

The ZG enchant on the other hand is really good, but not "far superior" in my opinion. If you look at the item budget of both kits the Kot even comes up ahead of Presence of Might. I think both are valid choices.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19782 - ZG helm Enchant
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23549 - Naxx shoulder Enchant (a little tougher to get your hands on)

Little off topic, but since you guys are talking about it in here anyway... Do people still farm the ZG enchant? dont know anyone personally that does. And whats the easiest way to go about doing it? Basically, how many people and what classes would be needed to kill the bosses for it?

Bloodlord can easily be done with three people (tank, healer, dps). Could probably do it with just two people, but that would take ages. You can also solo the mobs around some piles with decent block gear if you need a doll. It's only really worth it for threat gear though, on pure tanking gear I would rather use the KoT enchant anyways.

Using 10 stamina over the KoT enchant for helm or either of the Aldor/Scryer exalted shoulder enchants is a poor decision.

Yeah but on hands it's a very nice enchant .
    Carefish - Fury Warrior - Chromaggus EU

I'd personally prefer to stick to the KoT head enchant and Aldor shoulder enchant. I know I always "want" more stamina, but I'm well aware that I'm probably more than qualified for the next few bosses I haven't attempted yet, and don't really need to push my health pool up by another hundred or two that badly. I would rather have the avoidance and raw defense so I can have a little breathing room for new gear as the new badge/ZA drops have less defense than my current gear (or none in some cases).

I'm sure there are plenty of solid arguments for taking stamina where you can, but I have yet to see number-crunching that compares the effectiveness of these enchants.

So we can put a knothide kit on bracers now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfson View Post
    Little off topic, but since you guys are talking about it in here anyway... Do people still farm the ZG enchant? dont know anyone personally that does. And whats the easiest way to go about doing it? Basically, how many people and what classes would be needed to kill the bosses for it?
    It's definitely still done. In fact, I have an extra one sitting in my bank waiting for the helm from ZA. I usually like to take 10+ people for this since then you can do a bunch of bosses quickly for a decent chunk of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    It's definitely still done. In fact, I have an extra one sitting in my bank waiting for the helm from ZA. I usually like to take 10+ people for this since then you can do a bunch of bosses quickly for a decent chunk of gold.
    Same here. Takes like 30-45 min, plus some mages are always after the turtle poly

For hands there is the new 240 armor kit. Thats about as good as 12-15 stam, and its preventing the damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Aelvain View Post
    Using 10 stamina over the KoT enchant for helm or either of the Aldor/Scryer exalted shoulder enchants is a poor decision.
    Aye, I agree with that. 10 stamina really isn't worth the bonus CoT enchant or ZG enchant give.
    Jibou - extremely fat main tank

+ Reply to Thread