+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2.2 -> 2.3 Fury Transition

2.2 -> 2.3 Fury Transition

*sigh* Dear Deathwish,

How I miss your damage boosting glory that you supplied me with when it came time to spam execute on that boss below 20% hp. How I miss your 20% increased damage utility when things went "Oh shit that guy needs to die FAST". You were a good little cooldown to pop every 3 minutes. May you rest in peace within the arms tree.

-Siegetank

Dear Sweeping Strikes,

My love for you when I wielded a big 2h was that of a squirrels love for nuts. Then you came to fury. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?! Whats that? We pulled two mobs? No problem! Lemme just pop SS, and hit both mobs 4 times each AT THE SAME TIME thanks to WW's both weapons hit. I love you SS, welcome to the family.

-Siegetank

Haha alright all jokes aside. I, for one, and pretty pleased with the SS change to fury, and the 10 hit charges. Its not too shabby. I was able to stand toe-to-toe with a combat swords rogue in SSC gear on the combat meter with my leather epics from Karazhan. ALSO, man, the change on the decapitator to being 1h, amazing. Im running [item]Drakefist Hammer[/item] in my MH and [item]The Decapitator[/item] in my OH. My crits with WW are insane. I do miss deathwish, but the fun im having with the new WW and SS are quickly removing the soreness of not having DW anymore. Oh, im still looking for an alliance guild that wants a fury war!!

Czech me out: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/ch...re&n=Tactician
    -Siegetank

I don't think the soreness of losing DW will ever go away for me. The new SS is good... but it is rather useless when compared to DW. I mean, on most trash you rarely get two mobs close enough together to pull off SS and most of the time there is CC around so you can't WW anyway or use SS. Doing SSC last night, on all the trash from leo to vashj... i used SS a grand total of 2 times. Interestingly enough, the second time i was using it, a sheep walked between the two mobs i was hitting and got hit, eventhough i found it kinda funny, it was still rather annoying.

For bosses, SS is useless. Sure the new WW is nice for some big double crits... but this still doesnt compare to the dps boost from DW. The loss of DW has greatly reduced my utility in some encounters.. and as seigetank said, we lost some viable options for up'ing the damage for a quick kill or increasing out damage for executes.

That is all from a PvE point of view. PvP wise, the change was great, for obvious reason. But, as a fury warrior for raiding, I am still unhappy with the loss of deathwish.

My suggestions to fix this problem would be to put deathwish back where it was.(which i highly doubt blizz would ever do)... or Make SS simliar to the rogues blade furry, where is grants a haste bonus or even a damage increase when its used. That would atleast make it somewhat useful against single opponents.

The only time Ill ever find SS useful is in 5mans, and farming. I agree, PvE raiding, its useless beyond tits on a bull. Just gotta roll with it I guess....*cries*
    -Siegetank

i miss dw, but this is incredible, i don't think anyone can argue that slow/slow is not the top dps weapon choice now, AND that 2.3 "nerfed" fury at all, dps is flowing now.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Don't forget about the other changes in the Fury tree. Imp Zerker stance gives you an additional 10% aggro reduction. If you are threat capped, that is a 10% DPS boost. More than makes up for the loss of DW, and it's passive.

You lose the big crit number generator every 3 mins, but you gain so much more. You just now have an ability you may not use every single encounter, but gives you more vesatility.

I agree with Kaze, anyone thinking this is anything less than a buff and thinks they will not be doing more damage now is drinking crazy juice.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

While i haven't used slow/slow for WW yet, which i plan to as soon as i can. I still wouldnt consider the patch a total buff. I was never really complaining about the WW change... i Love the WW change as much as every other warrior. But Ive just found SS competely useless in the raid enviroment thus far. And i already gave my ideas to improve that. Also, the threat reduc increase is great aswell, you can actually see a noticable difference in the threat levels. This is also in part of the loss of DW, since i used almost every time it was up.

This patch was not a nerf in any way for warriors. (except for the disarm change which wasnt to drastic) But for fury warriors, it wasnt a huge buff. Mainly because changes were made the contered eachother and balanced themselves out. ie. Loss of deathwish(20% damage) --> threat reduced by 10% and WW has added damage. And while changes may make up more then enough for the loss of deathwish, its very close in my opinion.

I'm still DW and if anything my dps increased quite a bit. In SSC I led the raid on every boss...even better I didn't have to hold back for fear of pulling aggro. The only boss I lost on was Tidewalker..but that is an aoe fest for mages and locks. I also used sweeping strikes quite a bit when I could position myself to hit two mobs and not break sheep. I did break a few sheep just to keep our mages on their toes though..

Kaz

+ Reply to Thread