+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resilience / Defense Calculator; is there one??

Resilience / Defense Calculator; is there one??

Guys, wee question that's been perplexing me and don't have the whit to work it out!

re: Berg's Tank Gear Rankings (superb)

http://www.theoryspot.com/forums/gea...wow-2-3-a.html

Resilience will count as 0 tankpoints in all items that have it in this guide since the baseline is always over the 490 defense mark, but it does have a useful benefit. If you are trading off some tanking gear for aggro generating gear, you usually try to remain crit-immune. If some of your gear has resilience, the defense cap is actually lowered. For example, if you have the Gladiator's Shield Wall, then your defense cap is actually 472.
    Gladiator's Shield Wall: http://thottbot.com/i28358

I am a noobie (1st char) blue 70 ProtWarr who's recently always tried to keep his def rating above 490 .. but am concerned that I should be making some savings for other stats.

Bump to top.. is there a defense / resilience calculator out there? Anything that can offset your defense rating to give a ready made baseline to your acceptable minimum Defense rating after you kit out a piece of resistance gear? Or in turn is it an easy formula to work out and I can't see it? Some of the pvp rewards that I've previously not gone for could possibly come into play.

I'd love to reduce my 496 defense rating in favour of higher aggro items and remain crit-free however the maths eludes me )

Thanks

This site's a total godsend btw

Cal

Last edited by Calcathulien; 11-14-2007 at 08:46 PM.

*edit - (pls forgive if posted in wrong subsection doh)* oh no fluffed up and can't delete this reply .. hey f ho
    Last edited by Calcathulien; 11-14-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Umm I do not know if there is a calculator

But a quick google search brought up the following on the tankingtip website

39.4 Resilience = 60 Defense Rating = 25 Defense Skill = 1% less chance of being Crit.

I have no idea if it is correct or not, but its a start
    Just need to find out how much resillience is 1% crit reduction and combine that with how much defense skill 1% crit is as well

39.4 Resilience = 60 Defense Rating = 25 Defense Skill = 1% less chance of being Crit.
    Yeah.. lol no round numbers!! ty both.. It's the pvp gear I'm eyeing up with the + Res stats.... Then somebody checks out your armoury stats and clocks you as sub 490.. won't be inviting him to the raid then... wtf! ..grr .. sigh

Calculator oot!!

Thx again)

Defense Rating and Resilience

Yes, there seems to be an online calculator to sort out where your toon stands re being uncrittable post-patch: A list of useful Tanking Formulas for Warriors - Dodge, Parry, Block

You plug in your resilience, and it tells you the defense rating you require to be uncrittable.

Also, not having regemmed/re-enchanted since the latest patch (when our defense rating plummeted ~ 20 points), I find my prot warrior toon is "overcapped" for defense, and I can free up 12 defense rating points - that with current defense rating of 482 and resilience of 33 - and remain uncrittable. See Be Imba! - the online Character Auditor for World of Warcraft

The moral of course is uncrittable is a combination of (at least) two components: defense rating and resilience.

+ Reply to Thread